Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero and EazyCD on same system, plus DirectCD/InCD questions

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero and EazyCD on same system, plus DirectCD/InCD questions

Postby lalittle on Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:38 am

A while back Nero and EasyCD couldn't be run on the same system -- EasyCD would even cause problems with Nero after it was uninstalled. Is this still the case, or can both programs be installed together on the same system without problems?

I need packet writing software for one of my applications, and I've read that DirectCD is the best one. However, according to the instructions that came with my Plextor drive, I need to do the EasyCD install in order to use DirectCD. Can I go ahead and do this without worrying about conflicts between Nero and EasyCD?

Also, according to the information I can find on line, InCD was supposed to have come with Nero. I bought Nero online (verison 5.5), but I didn't seem to get InCD -- the Nero manual does not mention InCD, and I can't find information on the web site about this. What am I missing?

On top of this, is InCD as reliable as DirectCD?

Thanks for information on all this stuff,

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby pranav81 on Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:33 am

Dear lalittle,
Hi.There were problems with both the software's installed together,but not now.I have Nero 5.5.10.54 with Roxio EZCD 6 Platinum with Drag-To-Disc installed.
Just remember not to install InCD with Drag-To-Disc.They surely will cause problems.That setup has worked for some though,I didnt try that.
In my opinion DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc is much more stable than InCD.InCD didnt work for me.And I use CD-R packet writing some time's and InCD does not provide that.
See ya soon,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby lalittle on Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:39 pm

Did "Drag to Disc" replace DirectCD? I don't see any mention of "Drag to Disc" in the software package that came with my drive -- I just see "DirectCD."

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:30 pm

Easy CD Creator 5 comes with DirectCD.
Easy CD Creator 6 comes with DragToDisc.

basically DragToDisc is DirectCD 6.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby lalittle on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:02 am

I guess the question that would apply to me at this time would be if Nero 5.5 and EasyCD Creator 5 can be installed together, since these are the two versions I currently own.

Thanks again,

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:08 am

yes!
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby pranav81 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:49 am

Hi all.Yes,there were issues with EZCD 5 and Nero 5.5 for others.But I did not face any of them.My system was running fine until I installed EZCD 6 and still runs without any problems.
See ya later dudes,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero and EazyCD on same system, plus DirectCD/InCD quest

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:14 am

lalittle wrote:A while back Nero and EasyCD couldn't be run on the same system -- EasyCD would even cause problems with Nero after it was uninstalled. Is this still the case, or can both programs be installed together on the same system without problems?

I need packet writing software for one of my applications, and I've read that DirectCD is the best one. However, according to the instructions that came with my Plextor drive, I need to do the EasyCD install in order to use DirectCD. Can I go ahead and do this without worrying about conflicts between Nero and EasyCD?

Also, according to the information I can find on line, InCD was supposed to have come with Nero. I bought Nero online (verison 5.5), but I didn't seem to get InCD -- the Nero manual does not mention InCD, and I can't find information on the web site about this. What am I missing?

On top of this, is InCD as reliable as DirectCD?

Thanks for information on all this stuff,

Larry

With the software I have from Plextor, it is not necessary to install EZCD to install DirectCD. During the installation, you can use the menus to select only DirectCD.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:26 am

To answer the original question from lalittle, where to find InCD 4 when you purchase Nero 5.5 online, you can download it there:

http://www.nero.com/en/update_package3.php

(Yes, it is written Nero 6, but it does work with Nero 5.5 and it is intended.)
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby lalittle on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:44 am

Thanks to everybody for the information, and for the location of the file. It should really be made more clear on the Nero site that this version of InCD is for Nero 5.5 as well as 6. I did a lot of searching, but I found absolutely NO information on this fact.

Thanks again,

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:26 pm

I would love to have a complain sent to webmaster@nero.com ;) This problem is nothing new, and if users could push our webmastering team to correct it, that would be great.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:05 pm

dburg wrote:I would love to have a complain sent to webmaster@nero.com ;) This problem is nothing new, and if users could push our webmastering team to correct it, that would be great.

The issue has been raised often often in this forum.
Show the complaints to Ahead'sa management.
Obviously, there's a personnell problem.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)