Home News Reviews Forums Shop

a little help with Nero6 burning a DVD please

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

a little help with Nero6 burning a DVD please

Postby gentlejax on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:57 am

just got all the nero6 ultras stuff downloaded and installed along with my serial #. thing is I dont have any instructions, just the software.

I tried looking at it but not sure what to use to burn a dvd with it and I cant afford a bunch of coasters.

I used DVD decrypter and saved the files to my hd. I need to know what to do next using Nero6.0 so that I can remove the trial version of CloneDVD that I am trying out.

It seems like it took to long to burn the DVD I just did using DVDClone and I would really like to use the NERo since it is paid for.

I am new to this burning stuff. jsut need a little help.

like from start to finish-explain the fastest way to do this with nero and my NEC2500A.

thanks in advance,
Mike Z
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby rc213 on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:33 am

rc213
CD-RW Thug

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:52 am

For starters,try Dvd Shrink to compress the movie if it needs compressing or even just rippin the movie to the HD.(Make sure you go into the options or preferences section and select where you want the movie to go when it gets rip't)
2nd:Open Nero 6(I use Nero Express,Dvd section)and click on the Dvd Video Files button to burn the files to disc.When you click on the "Dvd Video Files" button an empty box will appear with 2 folders in it.One says audio the other says "Video'.The Video one will be in red,double click to open it then browse for where you put the files you rip't with Dvd Shrink and place them in the opened Video folder.Click next and your off!!!!
If you would like to use Recode 2(basically the same as Dvd Shrink)get AnyDvd or Dvd Region Free so it will be able to filter the Dvd encryption.If you wanna learn how to use Recode 2 go here.

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby Nosmo King on Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:52 pm

Hi,

You have started correctly by decrypting to your hard drive. Make sure to remeber the path to the folder you put it in.

Next open Nero Recode. Open "Remake a DVD". Click on "Import Titles", and point to the folder holding the decrypted files. Essentially, it will then do its own thing and give you a list of the contents, their size, their compression ratio and a great deal of other information.

The rest should be intuitive, where you can select what you want to include on your DVD, or just click "next", and you will have your movie.

Nero Recode is a most excellent program, and after a few trials and doubtless a few errors, burning movie DVDs will become a doddle.

Nosmo.
Nosmo King
Buffer Underrun

Postby gentlejax on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:24 pm

what do I do if Shink or DVDdecrypter gives me messages that tell me the dvd has region protection?

I tried to decrypt THE ONE & 28days and it worked once but then I tried again and it said it couldnt or something like that.

my dvd is set to region 1. I didnt see a option to make it region free or can I ignore it and burn it?

I dont wantto make an entire pack of coasters.

I did fine copying Matrix & Final Destination2

still learning this all.

you guys are very helpful and explain it very simply. I printed out these instructions and will tryy it.

Mike
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:02 pm

That sounds like a weird error to me.Check in Shrink if you have the Region Free set in the options or preferences.You shouldn't have that prob with Decrypter.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby gentlejax on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:25 pm

where is there a region free option in shrink?dont see it.

Mike
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:20 am

whenever you click the "backup" button in the toolbar a window will appear and will have a region free check box.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)