Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Start Smart does not open with Burning Rom as it I set.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Start Smart does not open with Burning Rom as it I set.

Postby Nosmo King on Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:38 pm

Hi,

I have configured Nero 6302 to open with Nero Burning Rom, whenever I click on StartSmart/DVD/Photo and Video/Make your own DVD Video. Moreover this setting is shown when I open Configure, on the General Tab - "To burn DVD and Video Files/Open with Nero Burning Rom"

Sadly, it does not work that way. the program only opens with Nero Vision Express every time. I find this very annoying as I never use Vision Express.

Will you please advise what I have to do to ensure that Nero Start Smart will open with Nero Burning Rom, whenever i want to burn a DVD Video.

Many thanks

Nosmo.
Nosmo King
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:47 pm

at the bottom of the smart/start window is a square button in the center that says "configure".Before you click on it,hover over the "make your own dvd video" icon until it's the only one "Lit Up",then hit the configure button.Gives you an option to use either Nero Express or Nero burnin' Rom.Hope this helps.

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby Nosmo King on Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:42 pm

NoSmartz, thank you. I did exactly as you suggested (several times), but it did not work.

When I hover over Make Your Own DVD-Video, true it remains the only one lit, and also a box appears saying "Open With: NeroVision Express". So I next click on Configure, which says "Open With Nero Burning Rom", but it does not, it always opens with NeroVision Express.

A question: After I have opened Configure, and made changes, I do not see a button which says "Save Changes", or words to that effect. Perhaps that is the reason the changes do not 'stick'. Do you know what I have to do to make the changes I made in Configure to 'stick'?

Nosmo.
Nosmo King
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:39 pm

Mine doesn't have any save changes.It just opens with what I set it with under configure.That's weird.When the pointer hovers over make dvd video mine doesn't say anything!!!This is funny cause to burn Dvd files I use Nero Express.I don't have the patience to figure out Nero Burnin' Rom.
I'm lazy.When I get home I'll see what other possibilities there might be.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:28 pm

The problem is that 'Make Your Own DVD-Video' is not a feature of Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express, it's only for NeroVision Express. WHich is why you are not able to assign it to Nero Burning ROM.

If you go into the StartSmart, and then click on the "Configure" button, you will see those TASKS that you are able to assign to Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express.

The closests feature to what you want to do is 'Burn DVD-Video Files', which under Photo and Video option only shows up if you are in Expert mode. This you can assign to Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:04 pm

Thanx for help Craig.I believe I might have been getting "make your own" and "Burn your own" mixed up.
Just try using Nero Express to burn your Dvd files Nosmo King.It's way simple!!!!

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)