Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Would YOU ever wait in line this longgggg?????

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby JamieW on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Monte, I wouldn't mock you or aviation if you guys had a pinch of sense.

go get a life.

Lemme lay it out there for you. You post the entire contents of your life on an internet forum and I'm the one without socialization? Certainly even someone of your meager ability to process thought must realize that this sounds desperate and surprised that you have anything of a personal social life to post. And someone of such little social ability and desperation is going to pretend to have the testicular fortitude to tell anyone to go get a life? Do you not see the hypocrisy?
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:24 pm

oh, c'mon, more nutsack talk?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby JamieW on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:29 pm

Sorry for the nustack talk, but man....

When I think of these two, my testicles crawl up into my abdomen forming a second set of kidneys because subconsciously I fear that any kids I would have would at some point have to interact with their eventual boogerspawn.

I find it funny that aviation has criticized my postings and continues to post his drivel and even invites more dolts. And monte's M.O. is to post his life then tell people to get lives. It seems their values flip over faster than a 12 year old boy on rohypnol at a NAMBLA meeting.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:58 pm

JamieW wrote:my testicles crawl up into my abdomen forming a second set of kidneys ...

man, you got some very big testicles :lol:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:05 am

Anyway, getting back to the topic...

I'm really amazed at how long that line is; I would think that most of those people would just wait for the next few days or order whatever they want online! :o I don't think I'd have the patience to wait in a line like that.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Kennyshin on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:47 pm

dodecahedron wrote:
VEFF wrote:When I was in Tokyo on a business trip about four years ago, I was surprised by the following, since people were very hospitable and very polite and nice:
On the subway, prospective passengers literally shove each other to get in *; in comparison, NYC rush hour subway riders seem like the most well-behaved people.
I even remember a short well-dressed woman pushing a big gentleman.

* I am not talking about the (Government?) appointed people pushers.
No, it's not a joke - officials actually push people in rush hour trains.
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.ph ... adid=55822

yeah, they all have to pack themselves into the train cars like sardines.
transportation is a very serious problem there.

Maybe it works better for them to have such people for more riders to get in each subway car.

Look at the world map. Seoul subway is for 30 million people. Where there is a subway station nearby, the price of every kind of houses and buildings skyrocket, like 30 percent or 50 percent up in just months. Tokyo subway is for at least 10 to 20 million people. There is no such place in Europe or North America. Biggest - most populated - cities are London, Paris, Moscow, and New York, but they are all "rural" by South Korean standard. Actually, I'm looking for new home inside Seoul "Special" City which is the official name of Seoul city. It has better be near the subway station. Seoul always has the best and first things in South Korea however inhuman it is to live there. Even the best government policies for people with disabilities, so I am trying to go back to Seoul.
Kennyshin
CD-RW Player

Postby jase on Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:46 pm

Crikes, if London is "rural" by your standards Kennyshin that is frightening!!! I don't like London, far too claustrophobic.....

I'm heading over to Japan in December so doubtless I'll get an idea of the scale of things :)

To think, I live in a leafy village in the middle of nowhere with 800 people and 4 pubs (bars) :D

That's a problem when you want broadband internet though, 512K is as far as it goes :cry:
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:37 pm

Heheheh..you guys should travel by local train here in Bombay.A train meant for 2500 people has 11000 on it...
But the people are nice, they help you get on comfortably,and always squeeze up a bit. This entire city runs on the trains.. people do 20-30Km commutes daily.
But still, travelling by our local trains is not to be missed.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:48 pm

It sounds like the people in San Francisco are just as crazy as the Japanese:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,62 ... _tophead_3

Why they hell would you camp out to get into an Apple store.. oh wait.. they probably wanted the exclusive San Fran "rainbow striped" iPods. :wink:
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby VEFF on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Ian wrote:It sounds like the people in San Francisco are just as crazy as the Japanese:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,62 ... _tophead_3

Why they hell would you camp out to get into an Apple store.. oh wait.. they probably wanted the exclusive San Fran "rainbow striped" iPods. :wink:

Unbelievable!
"36 hours in advance", "two sleepless nights".

I remember when Mickey D's (officially known as McDonalds)
opened in the Soviet Union years ago, the lines were long and people spent as much as one or two months of salary on a meal!
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player