Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sonic MyDVD Question

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Sonic MyDVD Question

Postby Johud on Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:14 am

I got a version of this software with the lite-on LDW-851S OWM from New Egg.com.

When i make a movie with this, so far the audio timing gets off the longer the video is. basicly the lips and talking do not match up. I mainly am trying to burn music videos and such that I have on my computer. any suggestions?

Thank you!
Johud
Buffer Underrun

Postby Rudy on Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:52 am

Typical problem on this type of software.
Check if their support has patch for audio synchronization.
Rudy
Buffer Underrun

Re: Sonic MyDVD Question

Postby RPedigo on Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Johud:

I cannot find out whether or not you have MyDVD 4.5 (which is the typical version sent with Lite-On products), or MyDVD 5.2.3. If you have 4.5, I'd like you to update to 5.2.3.

LiteOn Customer Free MyDVD Update 4.x to 5.2.3:
http://estore.sonic.com/updates/LITEON/

What is happening, is its dropping frames as the video and audio streams are pulled apart on the build and if the video is missing frames that file is then shorter than the audio, this "drift" gets progressively worse the longer the file is as more and more frames are dropped. When you're in preview it reads from the audio timestamp so you will not see this drift.

With MyDVD the DV file is being encoded into Mpg2 and this extremely processor intensive, but your system defiantely meets the requirements and should not be doing this.

Preparing Your System

*Minimum 10 gigs available on a local drive.
*Install at least 256 MB of RAM
*Disable the Screen Saver
*Disable the Turn off Hard Disks option
*Disable the Hibernation option
*Disable the Network Time Server (Windows XP)
*Disable Text to Speech (Windows XP)
*Disable any scheduled tasks (for example, virus scan)
*Do not increase Virtual Memory beyond Windows' recommended setting
*Close any other running applications
*Do not copy any large files while capturing
*Do not allow any remote activities, such as PC Anywhere or Timbuktu connections
*Your hard drives are formatted to NTFS (which as no files size limitations and is only available in Windows 2000 and higher)
*You have the latest drivers for the following: DVD Rom, burner, CD-ROM and burner.
*Your hard drives have been defragmented.
*In particular, while capturing video, do not use your PC for any other activity. Video capture requires all your PC's processing power, and any action such as inserting a disc or receiving e-mail may cause errors in the captured video files.
*Your monitor resolution must be set to 1024x768
*You are running ASPI driver 4.6 or higher. If you are unsure, you can go here to find out and/or download the appropriate driver: http://aspi.radified.com
*You are not running your machine/session/files of a network/RAID configuration
Make sure you have the latest version of IE (recommended), DirectX (a must), WMP (a must):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/direct ... efault.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

Other Tips: We have found it best that you place all of your session's elements/assets (images, video clips, audio clips) into a single folder on the top level of a local drive (preferably C:\). If you want to add a new asset, then place into this folder first then import the asset into the session. This makes it easier for not only our program, but the burning process as well and helps eliminate path errors.

You may also find it benficial to enable DMA for you hard drives. Please choose you system from the list below and follow the instructions.

Enabling DMA in Windows 98/98SE/ME

1) Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. The System Properties window appears.
2) Click the Device Manager tab.
3) Double-click Disk drives to see the list of disk drives.
4) Right-click on IDE DISK (may have another name, such as GENERIC IDE DISK) and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. The disk's Properties window appears.
5) Click the Settings tab.
6) Select DMA if it is deselected, then click OK. When Windows asks if you want to restart, click Yes.

Enabling DMA in Windows 2000

1) Log onto Windows as Administrator (or as a user with Administrator privileges).
2) Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. The System Properties window appears.
3) Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager. The Device Manager window appears.
4) Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to see the list of controllers.
5) Double-click Primary IDE Channel. The Primary IDE Channel Properties window appears.
Thanks, and have a great day!
Ryan Pedigo, Sonic Tech Support
RPedigo
Sonic Tech Support

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio