Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Burning with Nero in Windows Server 2003

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Burning with Nero in Windows Server 2003

Postby japster on Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:49 am

I've recently installed Nero 6 on my system and I'm having problems with my drive being recognised when users are logged in as Power Users. I can burn CD's no problem when I'm logged in, as i'm an administrator.

I used to have the same problem when running Windows Server 2000, but installing Burnrights sorted this. I installed Burnrights on my Windows Server 2003 machine, but it doesn't appear in the control panel and when you try to uninstall it it says 'Burnrights not detected on system'

I would like to be able to let all users use the CD burner, any ideas on this anyone ?

Thanks

JP
japster
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:59 pm

I have had another customer report this issue with Windows 2003 Server. I do not have this here in the US lab to test, but I have generated a bug report on this issue so our Engineers can confirm this issue with Nero Burn Rights, and if so resolve it in a future version.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:21 pm

For those who have run into this issue, please send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com and request a patch to test. Our Engineers have created a possible fix, and I need to have this tested by a few willing End Users. :)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby japster on Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:02 am

Hi,

I didn't realise there were any replies :oops:

I managed to fix the problem.

Here's a quick how to:

First thing, uninstall Burnrights, or get rid of any instances that you may of tried to install. Then right click the Burnrights installer exe, select "Properties", "Compatability", then select the "Compatability mode" as "Run this program in compatability mode for:" "Windows XP" and click "Apply" and "OK".

Then simply install as normal and the Nero Burnrights icon should appear in the Control Panel.

CCampbell, perhaps post this workaround on the Ahead site, on the BurnRights page, as this would be really helpful for people with Server 2003 and I expect I'm not the only ones with this problem.

I will probably leave the patch for the time being, thanks for the offer though and I look forward to seeing the fix in future versions.

Many thanks

JP
japster
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:21 am

Hi Japster,

Thanks for the feedback. We will have the new Nero BurnRights posted long before the FAQ's are updated. :(

But we do have a Tech in Germany, and a Tech in the USA working on updating our FAQ's. Many of them are old and need to be modified, some have broken links, and we need to create a number of new FAQ's for our new products contained in Nero 6. We hope to have the new FAQ's completed before the month is out, and hopefully have them posted on the Nero WEB site ASAP.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby b_avery@yahoo.com on Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:01 am

It's now working for me thanks to japster

This works, however using Windows Media Player 9 still comes up with you need admin to burn discs
b_avery@yahoo.com
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)