Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How to know the quality of Music CD?

Burn baby burn!

How to know the quality of Music CD?

Postby Kitto on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:19 am

My friend has some Music CDs which have a quiet good C1/C2 error result, but they can't play well in some standalone CD player. Is there any method to know the quality of Music CDs? :-? Thx a lot.
Last edited by Kitto on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitto
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:16 am

Quantity as in the maximum capacity of the disc in minutes? Or how many minutes of music are burned on the CD? Or do you mean quality?

For some background information on standalone CD players, including which discs may or may not work, refer to my post in this thread.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Kitto on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Yes, is quality...
Kitto
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:28 pm

Well, if you scanned the disc for errors and the error rate was low, then I'd say you have a quality disc...at least with the CD-RW drive you burned it in. I believe the real issue you want to know about is compatibility, and when it comes to standalone CD players, compatibility is hit or miss. Some discs will work in CD players, other discs will not. It is possible for a CD player to not play any CD-R discs. Although, be careful, you may have a very fussy player that will play CD-R's, but only a select few. As I mentioned in the other thread, try different brands, try 74-minute discs instead of 80-minute ones, and even try a different dye type - cyanine, or blue, dye instead of phthalocyanine, or silver.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives