Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Best drive/media combo for printable DVD-/+R

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

Best drive/media combo for printable DVD-/+R

Postby nwrigley on Thu May 06, 2004 12:31 am

I've been trying to figure out what burner to buy. My main interest is burning inkjet printable dvd-r media to print on with an Epson R200. My main concern is burn quality, but media that gives good print quality is also important. I've done a lot of research on the web, but I'm having trouble finding articles specifically about printable dvd-r media. I've been leaning towards purchasing the NEC 2500A or the Pioneer DVR-107. I've read the Ritek G04 media is a good combo with either of these drives, but that the printable versions don't have very good print quality. Does anyone have any opinions about what drive/media combo to get or know of any resources specifically about printable media combatability. Thanks.
nwrigley
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Thu May 06, 2004 7:43 am

The G04 Inkjet Printables are fine, I use them on my R300 and they are awesome! Don' use the G04's on the ND-2500A, you will get bad burn quality. Go for the DVR-107 and the above-mentioned media, that's what I use and it works like a charm.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby nwrigley on Thu May 06, 2004 7:41 pm

aviationwiz: "Don' use the G04's on the ND-2500A, you will get bad burn quality." Is this from personal experience? The review at www.cdfreaks.com said that the ND-2500A had "simply the best result we have ever had with ritekg04 discs." Is this statement inaccurate. I've also read from a lot of people who have said that the G04's have a "frosted" look to the inkjet prints. Have you compared the print quality with other media? Thanks.
nwrigley
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Hardware Discussion