Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero BackItUp - Finalize Disc

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero BackItUp - Finalize Disc

Postby sickcycle on Mon May 10, 2004 10:16 pm

I just made a backup using nero backitup 1.0.0.0 packaged with nero 6.0.0.0 and after 9 hours and 18 DVD-Rs i can't read any of them!!! I know for a fact that these are write once DVD-Rs. I have tried to create multisessions on them before using ISO & UDF and ISO/UDF format and the result has been that the disc is not readable unless it is finalized after the first burn. They are also not able to record a second session. So, the problem must be that the software did not finalize my discs...but why would it not finalize a disc that is full?! there is no option that i can see that would allow me to finalize. Can anyone else think of what the problem could be? if it is what i think it is, has this bug been fixed in any updates?

I since downloaded the 6.3.1 update and i still don't see a finalize option.

can anyone recommend a decent backup software package that i could use instead?
sickcycle
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Tue May 11, 2004 2:23 am

well ive used drive image before, i know it burns directly to cd-r

new version might burn to dvd, im downloading full version now to try it out
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue May 11, 2004 1:20 pm

The Nero BackItUp software creates your standard CDROM(ISO) multisession data CD, and it does close the session after each write operation or when the disc becomes full.

If you suspect a session on a disc was not properly closed, you can use Nero's Disc Info feature to detect this and it will provide you two buttons in the bottom left of the window. On button labeled "Close Session" and one labeled "Close Disc". These options only show up when a disc currently detected in the recorder has a session not properly closed.

You can go to Nero StarSmart and under Extras you will find the Disc Info option. (You need to be in Expert Mode)

Or you can get their from under MORE in Nero Express, or under Recorder in Nero Burning ROM.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)