Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Can't install InCD 4.2.4.1

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Can't install InCD 4.2.4.1

Postby Pilgrim on Sat May 08, 2004 10:31 pm

I am doing a fresh install on a neighbors reformatted HP_Pavillion PC; PII 333, Quantum 8 gig HD, 64 megs RAM, Win 98SE, LG 8120B CD-RW, Nero 5.5.10.56, InCD 4.2.41.

Nero installed fine. EasyWriteReader 40019 installed fine. InCD 4.2.4.1 appeared to install fine and thereafter asked for the expected reboot. But it stalls on reboot and won't load Windows. I could boot into Safe Mode, so I tried installing it there, but experienced the same stall/boot failure. No error messages, no BSOD, nada.... just sits there. InCD does appear in the "Add/Remove Programs" list and when it is uninstalled (in Safe Mode), the PC boots into Windows just fine.

What do I do noooooooooow?? Image

Jeff
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Tue May 11, 2004 5:26 am

Hi Pilgrim,

I have no clue what is going wrong on your computer. I attempted to reproduce the problem (using windows 98SE, a pentium-based computer, and LG 8120B CD-RW device) but could not. I had no problem to boot.

Have you try to temporarily remove the device from the computer to see if the boot problem are still there?
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby Pilgrim on Tue May 11, 2004 7:39 am

dburg wrote:Hi Pilgrim,

Have you try to temporarily remove the device from the computer to see if the boot problem are still there?

Hi David,

When you say to remove the "device", are you 1) speaking of the CD-RW drive? and 2) Physically remove it? or remove it from the Hardware Devices and let Windows add it back on bootup?

Jeff
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Followup and resolution

Postby Pilgrim on Wed May 19, 2004 12:20 pm

David,

Just wanted to let you know that the problem has been resolved. What I discovered is that the bootup sequence included an unused NIC which caused the boot time to be unduly long, e.g., 4 minutes. Physically removing the NIC and also disabling it in the Bios bootup detection sequence resolved the issue. InCD has been installed successfully.

Jeff
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)