Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero lead-in problem

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero lead-in problem

Postby djsigma on Sat May 08, 2004 10:06 pm

Hi. When I try and burn an audio CD using Nero 6.3.1.10 it gets to the lead-in stage and then nothing happens. The timer continues to run but the progress bar never moves. I can't end the Nero task or remove the CD unless I reboot the PC. I've tried reverting to older versions and a couple of reinstalls of the latest version but it still happens. Burning data disks seems to work fine. I'm running XP Pro and the CDRW is an LG CED-8120B. Can anyone please help?
djsigma
Buffer Underrun

Postby sbrager on Sun May 09, 2004 11:19 am

I have a similar problem with WinXP and a Lite-On CDRW. Similar in that it often comes to a halt with the disk light on and Nero waiting. However, after about 4-5 minutes, Nero begins to write to the Lite-On. If I burning multiple copies of the compilation, the first may burn quickly and the rest will each wait the extra minutes before burning.

The just recently (about 2 months ago) started. Prior to that time, I had no problems.
Stan
Stan Brager
sbrager
Buffer Underrun

Postby djsigma on Sun May 09, 2004 11:50 am

The light on mine flashes a few times and then nothing happens. Does anyone know what the file RMADEC.EXE does that's in one of the Ahead folders? It appears in the task list when I try and burn an audio CD and I wondered if this may be part of the problem. I'm clutching at straws really!
djsigma
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue May 11, 2004 1:24 pm

Hi djsigma,

Are you able to copy an Audio CD with your Recorder and our Nero software?

Does this issue only occur when you are using audio files as the source? If so, how were these audio files created?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby djsigma on Tue May 11, 2004 1:31 pm

Hi. I've actually resolved this now. I downloaded some updated VIA Busmaster drivers and disabled DMA on the writer and all is well. Thanks for the help guys. :D
djsigma
Buffer Underrun

Postby minix on Mon May 17, 2004 6:20 pm

djsigma wrote:Hi. I've actually resolved this now. I downloaded some updated VIA Busmaster drivers and disabled DMA on the writer and all is well. Thanks for the help guys. :D

oh, come on... :P
I thought you had "broken" your computer after my instructions... #-o
minix
Buffer Underrun

Postby djsigma on Mon May 17, 2004 6:32 pm

Hehe. Well basically I did! It wasn't your fault though. It still messes up occasionally but it sort of works now and that's better than nothing. :D
djsigma
Buffer Underrun

Postby minix on Mon May 17, 2004 6:47 pm

Hehe :wink:
I would try the Via PCI Latency patch in order to avoid those minor problems...
At least, it works against data corruption problems when transferring from IDE controller to another (That's the problem with the Via 686B southbridge).
minix
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)