Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Tiffany & Co.

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Tiffany & Co.

Postby MonteLDS on Fri May 21, 2004 8:10 pm

That place is so cool! I went and picked up this

http://www.tiffany.com/images/products/ ... 076_xl.jpg

the little box and bag is very cute!
*edit* added the box pic
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Fri May 21, 2004 10:01 pm

Who's it for? I'm thinking you should save your money.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Fri May 21, 2004 10:11 pm

UALOneKPlus wrote:Who's it for? I'm thinking you should save your money.

I am
Bank Acccount: $2300
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri May 21, 2004 10:27 pm

You got that for your mom, right?
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Fri May 21, 2004 10:35 pm

I'll take it give it to my wife!

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Fri May 21, 2004 10:50 pm

Ian wrote:You got that for your mom, right?

:(
no, i am acttually dating Jennifer again. But just for the next 4-6 months. Then I will just move on if nothing happens.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri May 21, 2004 10:56 pm

I knew it! I just knew it! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! [-o<

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri May 21, 2004 10:57 pm

MonteLDS wrote:no, i am acttually dating Jennifer again. But just for the next 4-6 months. Then I will just move on if nothing happens.

Monte, if I could reach through the internet, I'd smack you upside the head. But alas, I can't so here I sit, not saying anything. :-#
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Fri May 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Ian, and now that I see that it is you, we seem to speak to this dear young lad with one voice. Unfortunately, he hears but doesn't listen.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Fri May 21, 2004 11:03 pm

MonteLDS wrote:
Ian wrote:You got that for your mom, right?

:(
no, i am acttually dating Jennifer again. But just for the next 4-6 months. Then I will just move on if nothing happens.

Monte, you just need to walk away from her and find yourself someone else. I dunno how many times you two have broken up and been back together, but its one time too many in my book. There are plenty of fish in the sea and I'm sure you can find someone just as good if not better. Sorry to say, but Jenn is sucking your bank account dry, even though it might not seem like it right now.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby dhc014 on Fri May 21, 2004 11:17 pm

MonteLDS wrote:Bank Acccount: $2300

$2895 sounds better to me.

This one looks a bit more "useful" ;)
dhc014
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Fri May 21, 2004 11:45 pm

dhc014 wrote:
MonteLDS wrote:Bank Acccount: $2300

$2895 sounds better to me.

This one looks a bit more "useful" ;)

ouch you paid too much. this was only $135.31 after taxes
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby ClayBuster on Sat May 22, 2004 12:25 am

dhc014 wrote:This one looks a bit more "useful" ;)

LMFAO I doubt he'll get it though =D>
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat May 22, 2004 12:27 am

Man, some people just never learn!

Well, I guess I'm one of them though. Try as I may, I just never seem to get over my first love. Of course I don't act on it in any way, and I'm happily in a new a mostly stable relationship, but my heart still twinges when I talk with my first ex-g/f. I guess that never goes away.

Still, you gotta move on man, or you're just going to end up hurting yourself more.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sat May 22, 2004 6:26 am

Ian wrote:
MonteLDS wrote:no, i am acttually dating Jennifer again. But just for the next 4-6 months. Then I will just move on if nothing happens.

Monte, if I could reach through the internet, I'd smack you upside the head. But alas, I can't so here I sit, not saying anything. :-#

I second that Ian.I am not able to understand why Monte is not able to understand what you all guys are trying to tell. #-o

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sat May 22, 2004 9:44 am

MonteLDS wrote:
UALOneKPlus wrote:Who's it for? I'm thinking you should save your money.

I am
Bank Acccount: $2300

Jonathan, this reminds me of a quote from the book "The Millionaire next door" - a healthy, loving relationship is one of the key factors many millionaires became wealthy - it was a side effect of being truly content with their partners.

Unhealthy relationships can cause financial disaster.

Two personal experiences:

1 - a dear friend of mine whom I partied with during college got into several unhealthy relationships, one after the other. He was very handsome, easy going, and naturally likeable guy who had a very bright future. Unfortunately due to his obession with a couple girls who were the "use and abuse" types, he got kicked out of college, he started smoking and drinking heavily. A girl he really loved cheated on him and got pregnant by another guy, and he actually took her back when her relationship with the other guy fell apart. That same girl eventually wrecked a newer vehicle that my friend was driving for work, with no insurance coverage, so he ended up filing for bankruptcy.

I'm shocked when I see my friend these days - he's signicantly overweight, drives a POS car, is heavily in debt, and has tried to bum cigarette money off me several times (I always say no). An unhealthy relationship can ruin a life.

2 - Not to brag, but I love my wife very much, and vice versa. We know what our limits are, and we respect each other's opinions. We are very blessed to have a beautiful child that we love to spend time with every day, and we have no financial worries whatsoever. In fact, the more time I spend with this wonderful woman, the wealthier I become.

The amount of money you have in your bank account is the same amount I had when I was in college. I became financially successful by studying those who have become wealthy before me, and I took their advice to heart. When I went to the bank yesterday to make a withdrawal, my personal banker was not there. I asked the teller to tell me my balance, and this lady's jaw literally sunk to the floor when she saw my account.

So the moral of my story is, the wrong relationship can wreck your life. ANd I can tell you that with your posts so far, you are in a wrong relationship, and going downhill fast.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby ruderacer on Sat May 22, 2004 1:56 pm

I have to agree with UALONE, having a healthy loving relationship is important and is something that no amount of can buy.

Congrats UALONE in finding NIRVANA. You are a fortunate man.
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat May 22, 2004 6:45 pm

UALOneKPlus has set the standard around here. You live the good life where you have a wonderful family and you don't need to worry too much about your finances. Your life is something that I hope to achieve a few years down the line.

Like ruderacer said, Congrats on finding nirvana.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sat May 22, 2004 7:33 pm

if Jennifer and I get married, I will invite all you guys to the reception with a note saying.. see what happens when you work hard at something!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Sun May 23, 2004 1:54 am

And no one will show up sending a note saying "If it was that hard, imagine what you could have done if you worked hard at a healthy relationship."

I think the worst part is that you post the crap here seemingly looking for sympathy or advice then you go ahead and do it again...and again...and again.... I don't sympathize with you. You do it to yourself and you're doing it again.

It is like stabbing yourself in the eye and posting about it. People feel bad. "Oh, I hope you get better." "Them pointy things in the eye are unpleasant, been there." "May I recommend some safety glasses." Everyone tries to help you in some way or another to get by using only one eye. Then when it heals, you post again saying "oh man, I stabbed myself in the eye REAL GOOD this time." And people respond mostly in a similar manner thinking "hey, he's young and dumb, bound to happen." Then when it heals again, you say "I was looking at this knife, and thought THIS WOULD LOOK GOOD IN MY EYE!" And after each time, you post like you've performed some heroic act in having the eye back.

If you are going to keep stabbing yourself in the eye, at least have the dignity to not try to exploit it for sympathy and not attempt to brag about the eye when it heals. You aren't a victim, and you aren't doing something good.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby TheWizard on Sun May 23, 2004 3:37 am

MonteLDS wrote:if Jennifer and I get married, I will invite all you guys to the reception with a note saying.. see what happens when you work hard at something!

This isn't something to joke about either. When your friend picks the Packers to beat the Bears and you totally deny it will happen, then when it does happen and your friend says, "Ha-ha, I told you so." That's all in good fun. Relationships, and especially marriage, are a serious issue though. It is not an appropriate time for the "Ha-ha, I told you so" speech.

Hmm, after second thought, people from Green Bay and Chicago take football very seriously. Thus, perhaps the "I told you so" scenario isn't done in good fun there, but rather in all seriousness. :P
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sun May 23, 2004 11:45 am

JamieW you should already know that i ignore whatever you say. i read a few words then say your name and stop reading the post.

and when i said "you guys" i was not including you
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun May 23, 2004 12:03 pm

JamieW, that was a good analogy.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Sun May 23, 2004 8:36 pm

I think the worst part is that you post the crap here seemingly looking for sympathy or advice then you go ahead and do it again...and again...and again.... I don't sympathize with you. You do it to yourself and you're doing it again.

Do we all realize that a symptom of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Do we all realize that a symptom of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Slim

Yeah, but I HAVE to go to work for the next 21 years...
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden