Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Return of the King DVD??!!

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Return of the King DVD??!!

Postby SkaarjMaster on Mon May 31, 2004 3:53 pm

Just got this as a gift today and then I checked online and it is only the theatrical edition (only 200 minutes). Seems the extended edition (almost 5 hours long :o ) with the battle between the wizards (as well as other stuff) won't be released until November 2004 just in time for Chirstmas. I'll guess I'll get that one too at that time! :D

So, let this be a warning to anyone that wants the full extended version....wait, wait, wait....and good things will come.
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon May 31, 2004 4:07 pm

5 hours is 300 minutes, only 100 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

I remember when I bought the 1st LOTR on the day of DVD release, and then it seemed like next month they came out with the extended version, way to get loyal customers, but ripping them off.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 31, 2004 5:48 pm

aviationwiz wrote:5 hours is 300 minutes, only 100 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

I remember when I bought the 1st LOTR on the day of DVD release, and then it seemed like next month they came out with the extended version, way to get loyal customers, but ripping them off.

They aren't ripping people off... they never made ANY attempt to hide what they were doing. There have always been release info for both distributions before either one were out. Some people want the cheaper theatrical release over the extended cut... I'm not one of them, but I know people who are quite happy with the short edition.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:16 am

I passed on the current release of the DVD, so I can get the special edition box set of all 3 episodes. :D
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden