Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Spider-Man 2

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Spider-Man 2

Postby Ian on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:09 pm

Wow. One of the better movies I've seen in awhile. Much better than the first one.

Any bets to who's in the next movie (yes, #3 is already confirmed)? Spoiler............

Yeah, we know Hobgoblin is in the next one for sure. That's obvious, but with the Green Goblin in the first, they can't make him the main bad guy. I'm betting Venom will be in #3.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:44 pm

i thought the movie was horrible. and ya it was obvouis about the green gob. i mean come on he was wearing a green bow tie at the wedding!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:52 am

I disagree Ian,

I think it'll be the Green Goblin 2, like in the comics. Harry was never the Hobgoblin... and most people should have known that Goblin 2 was in the third film if they've seen the first film :wink:

And yes, I also believe Venom will be #4, and then The Lizard will be #5 maybe :D

The movie was a great action flick, but it deviates *SO* much from the comic, and it pissed me off! :-?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby imtim83 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:13 am

I just saw it yesterday and let me tell you.

Oh my god Spiderman 2 is the best movie I have ever seen for a comic book movie! I love that movie. Its so good I still can't believe it. A+++++++ I am going to see it at least one more time! Man this kind of movie hasn't been around for so long that I wish movies like this could be around more often. I am glad that another sequel was able to outdo the first movie! Like Terminator 2 Judgement Day in my opinion! This is becoming the summer of great sequels and Spiderman 2 is one heck of a sequel thats for sure! I think I am in shock lol.

See it now!

I know everyone has their own opinion and you really can't tell if you will like a movie or not intill you see it.
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:15 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:I disagree Ian,

I think it'll be the Green Goblin 2, like in the comics. Harry was never the Hobgoblin... and most people should have known that Goblin 2 was in the third film if they've seen the first film :wink:

Ah OK. I've never been a big Marvel fan, so I wasn't sure. I hope he doesn't play a big role in #3. I'm all Goblin-ed out.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby socheat on Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:50 pm

It has been a long time since I've seen a sequel that has come anywhere close to being better than the original. I think the last time I can honestly say the sequel was better was Terminator 2. Spiderman 2 was a definate surprise, and I would say it was just as good, if not better, than the first. I'd have to rewatch the first one again to be sure.

I used to read the spiderman comics a bit, and I agree, it deviates a bit from the comic books, but c'mon, this isn't LOTR. :wink: When has a movie ever been better than a book?
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:11 pm

Wasn't Bruce Campbell in the first Spider-Man movie as well? I swear I saw Stan Lee cameo in this one too. Heck, there were tons of cameos in here including one of the guys from Chapelle's Show.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:15 pm

yes, Bruce Campbell was in the first as the wrestling announcer, and in the second and the annoying doorman at MJ's play.

Stanlee was also in both, I believe he played a nice guy who pulled kids out of the way from falling rocks... in BOTH films :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby VEFF on Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:36 pm

I think this one will probably break all box office records, being that it has been better received than the original, which was already a huge hit.

1) Fans would have gone to see it regardless of reviews
2) Based on audience reaction and critic reviews, I think many many others will also go see it, who normally wouldn't have.

I am *really* looking forward to it.
Maybe I'll go this weekend; that is if I am not too busy with the house I bought...
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:49 pm

To be honest, I didn't like the first Spiderman that much, so I'm not expecting much from the second either.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:12 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:Stanlee was also in both, I believe he played a nice guy who pulled kids out of the way from falling rocks... in BOTH films :wink:

lol.. Okay, I wasn't seeing things. That was him doing that.

Who was that guy in the elevator? Hal Sparks or whomever?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dan on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:29 am

Stop Motion Spiderman
click here.
$> cd /pub
$> more beer
Dan
CD-RW Thug

Postby pchilson on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:34 am

aviationwiz wrote:To be honest, I didn't like the first Spiderman that much, so I'm not expecting much from the second either.

Doesn't surprise me... it's not about a 40 something Democrat politician. :roll:
pchilson
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:52 am

Dan wrote:Stop Motion Spiderman
click here.

Very impressive! :o Where do people find the time to do stuff like this? I guess it may not have simply been done for pleasure, but rather to demonstrate skill in a portfolio to attract paying clients, but still...

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:52 am

pchilson wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:To be honest, I didn't like the first Spiderman that much, so I'm not expecting much from the second either.

Doesn't surprise me... it's not about a 40 something Democrat politician. :roll:

LOL :lol: Cold, pchilson, very cold... :lol:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby LoneWolf on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:23 pm

Saw `em both, loved `em both, will buy them as a 3-DVD set when all is complete. Tobey Maguire makes an excellent Peter Parker, and his acting as well as the good directing have made the films.

I think the magic is in part by keeping Sam Raimi director of all three, in addition to the same cast. The theme stays so much more consistent, as opposed to Batman, which really fizzled once Keaton left as Bruce Wayne (not that the 2nd movie was great, but anyone could play Batman in the suit --playing Wayne was the hard part), and once his conflict about his parents was pretty much solved. X-Men is really the only other comic-turned-movie in the past few years that I can really appreciate; the rest have been average to less.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden