Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How to Convert MP3 to WAV using Nero?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

How to Convert MP3 to WAV using Nero?

Postby Eric Dolphy on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:07 pm

I read that Nero could convert files as it records, yet I can't figure out how to do this.

I have the OEM Suite version. Is this another missing feature?

Thanks.
Eric Dolphy
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:39 am

If you are going to create a standard audio CD, then Nero will do so automatically. Simply select Make Audio CD from Nero StarSmart, add your MP3 audio files, and any other formats such as WAV, VQF, WMA, etc and Nero will convert them to the proper format automatically.

If you simply wish to convert them to WAV and store them on your Hard Drive, this can only be done with the Retail version of Nero 6 Ultra Edition. The OEM version does not support this. The OEM version can only RIPP audio from an Audio CD to your Hard Drive in WAV, MP3, VQF, WMA, etc, but can not convert an existing audio file to another format.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Eric Dolphy on Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:20 pm

One question:

When doing the converting, is this done all in RAM? Or is a certain amount of HD space required? I ask because I'm always limited on disk space. If so, this would be great, and relieve me of choosing files to delete to make space, and then the following routine, convert, burn, delete, convert, burn, delete.....
Eric Dolphy
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:59 pm

It uses your hard drive for temporary storage, so you do need some free hard drive space.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)