Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problems Burning Audio/Music CD

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Problems Burning Audio/Music CD

Postby Eric Dolphy on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:00 pm

I have not been successful burning an Audio CD. I've made 4 duds so far.

I have not problem making Data CDs, made several this morning.

OEM Suite, Win2000 SP4, Plextor Premium. I have Plextor's Plex Tools, and an old version of Clone CD installed.

I'm using files converted from mp3 to wave using MusicMatch or Acoustica MP3 to Wave Converter.

I then drag the files onto "My Audio CD" or (whatever its called); click "Next"; and get to the "Final Burn Settings" window;

Everything seems OK, except that "Allow Files to be Added later" and Verify Dataon Disc after buring", are both greyed out. As well as, "Finalize Disc".

PowerRec is enabled and Plextor VariRec is not.

I click Burn, it goes to the burn screen, and goes through the burning process, I get the burn is successful message, BUT each file on the CD is 1K, yet Disc Space is Zero!! I checked one disc and played it, and the first file was playing, but when I skipped to the next, nothing, MusicMatch reported "Empty".

I'm just about at my wits end with this, I use the term lossely, *software*.

JFYI, I had a Samsung burner installed for sometime using Roxio; I got a great deal on Nero, and after hearing so much about Nero, I uninstalled Roxio and installed Nero (along with the latest Via 4in1, and firmware), well I never got the Samsung to work at better than 4x speed. Don't know, for certain if its Nero or the Burner.

I installed a Plextor Premium yesterday. Downloaded the latest packages contain Nero Burning Rom 6 and InCD. Installed over previous installation.

Should I have uinstalled and re-installed Nero?

Unlike with the Samsung Info Tool read Plexot's drive speed correctly, and everything appeared fine, until buring Audio CDs.

Thanks in advance.
Eric Dolphy
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:35 am

Hi Eric,

I would recommend making sure you have our latest Nero 6.3.1.17 from the www.nero.com website.

Then, simply select the Make Audio CD option in Nero StartSmart and simply add or drag and drop the ORIGINAL MP3 files and burn to CD.

If you still have problems, please include an edited copy of the Nero log file so we can see what is going on.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Eric Dolphy on Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:27 pm

Thank your for the reply.

My system has been down for a few days, as I'm in the midst of upgrading.

I'll attempt to burn over the weekend and post the outcome.
Eric Dolphy
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)