Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Changing type of DVD+VR project in Nero Video Express

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Changing type of DVD+VR project in Nero Video Express

Postby MediumRare on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:45 am

I just finished a first video project with Nero Video Express (2.1.2.12) - added chapters and navigation menus to a captured video file and tried to create an image file. At this point, I found that the DVD type I'd chosen (DVD+VR) does not allow you to choose the image recorder or write to hard drive.:evil: Upon reflection, I can see that this may be "OK", because this type of project is editable on the disc. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to convert this project to a "normal" DVD. All the configuration work I did has to be repeated. :(

Or am I missing something- is it possible to import/export the project info?

Another note re. NVE- the automatic chapter detection tool seems to be useless. The sensitivity and minimum length are preset and the scan starts immediately after you click on the option. If you change the values, they're not active for the running scan and are restored to the presets as soon as you interrupt and start scanning again. Also, the breaks it found seem entirely arbitrary. Hard cuts in the video are ignored and all the chapter marks set were somewhere in the middle of a scene. :evil:

G
(post no. 800)
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Re: Changing type of DVD+VR project in Nero Video Express

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:57 pm

MediumRare wrote:G
(post no. 800)

congratulations! :D :P
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:55 pm

Hi MediumRare,

You can go into NVE and select the Make DVD->DVD-Video option and import the content from the +VR disc you created.

As for the issues with the automatic Chapter detection on +VR discs, I'll have to do some research on this first to see if I can duplicate the issue, and then generate a bug report if I am able too.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)