Home News Reviews Forums Shop

nero 6.3.1.20 issue with sp2

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

nero 6.3.1.20 issue with sp2

Postby stevger on Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:07 pm

I posted this before in another topic but didn't get any response...
I know that 6.3.1.20 is supposed to fix issues, but this is the problem I had.

-----

Nero 6 has issues with SP2 at least on my computer (latest update on the website from August 13th). This is the problem I had... it only occurs with Nero Express, not regular Nero.

Start up nero express. Create a new data DVD. Drag a few files over. Then drag some more (number doesn't matter)... program instantly crashes. I was able to reproduce the same thing 10 times, no matter how many files I dragged over in Nero Express. regular nero had no problems.

I had other issues with SP2, so I decided to go back to SP1. The nero problem (as well as all the other issues) went away.
stevger
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:18 pm

Hi Stevger,

Sorry, but I am not able to duplicate this on any of my systems, and I've asked around on various forums, and no one else is reporting this issue.

This issue seems to be occuring only on your system. To confirm this, do you have another computer you can test your recorder and Nero 6 on, with SP2?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Re: nero 6.3.1.20 issue with sp2

Postby helg on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:29 pm

I had a similar problem when adding .avi files after migration to SP2. Stack trace in a crash debugger had "ffdshow.ax" DLL on top. This DLL is a DIVX codec. It is not a part of Nero product. The DLL is used by Nero to display a preview icon in Nero file selection dialog.

After I have turned off displaying preview icon in the file selection dialog, the program has stopped crashing.
helg
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)