Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 Virtual Image recorder – how to enable DVD support?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6 Virtual Image recorder – how to enable DVD support?

Postby hardware_failure on Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:39 am

I have Nero 6 installed on a fast computer that only has a CD-RW drive. I want to use this computer to create a DVD image (including re-encodes), and then transfer it over the network to a PC with a DVDR drive. From what I see, Nero does not have any DVD features enabled unless it sees a DVDR drive.

How can I force Nero to enable DVD authoring support to write to the image recorder?

Thanks.
hardware_failure
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:49 am

cfitz posted a while ago a registry hack that causes Nero to show all the compilation types, reguardless of what recorders it sees on your system.

try searching the Ahead Software forum for it...good luck.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby cfitz on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:07 am

dodecahedron wrote:cfitz posted a while ago a registry hack that causes Nero to show all the compilation types, reguardless of what recorders it sees on your system.

try searching the Ahead Software forum for it...good luck.

1. I did? I don't remember that. I guess it's a good thing someone around here remembers what the heck is going on. :wink:

2. You can tell that you are a father now. In the past you would have donned your "Official CDRLabs Archivist" cape and found that post, but now you don't have time and can only suggest that the forum members find it themselves. :wink:

3. Now that you mention it and I look through the Ahead registry settings, I do see the setting to change and I seem to recall that I did look that up once before. However you don't need to hack the registry. Here is how to enable all the formats without resorting to registry hacks:

Burning ROM: Select the "Expert Features" tab under File->Preferences... and then check the "Enable all supported recorder formats for the Image Recorder" box.

Start Smart: Click the "Configure" button in the lower right corner (the middle of the three square buttons) then check the "Enable all recorder formats" box on the "General" tab.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:26 am

I forgot about Nero Express: On the main/first dialog box (before you select what you want to burn) click "More >>" to display the additional buttons on the bottom of the window. Then click the "Configure" button, select the "Expert Features" tab of the "Preferences" window that pops up, and check the "Enable all supported recorder formats for the Image Recorder" box just like with Burning ROM.

For those who prefer registry hacks, copy and paste the following into Notepad and save as the file "nero_all_formats.reg". Then double-click that file to update the registry settings to enable all formats.

Code: Select all
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"bShowAllCompilationTypes"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero StartSmart\Settings]
"DisplayAllMediumTypes"=dword:00000001

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby hardware_failure on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:41 am

There it is, right under my nose.

Thanks guys.
hardware_failure
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:47 pm

You're welcome.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:11 pm

cfitz wrote:2. You can tell that you are a father now. In the past you would have donned your "Official CDRLabs Archivist" cape and found that post, but now you don't have time and can only suggest that the forum members find it themselves. :wink:

you hit the nail square on the head :wink:

cfitz wrote:3. Now that you mention it and I look through the Ahead registry settings, I do see the setting to change and I seem to recall that I did look that up once before. However you don't need to hack the registry. Here is how to enable all the formats without resorting to registry hacks:

Burning ROM: Select the "Expert Features" tab under File->Preferences... and then check the "Enable all supported recorder formats for the Image Recorder" box.

Start Smart: Click the "Configure" button in the lower right corner (the middle of the three square buttons) then check the "Enable all recorder formats" box on the "General" tab.

as i recall, that was way back in the day of Nero 5.5

cfitz wrote:[code]REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"bShowAllCompilationTypes"=dword:00000001

that's what i was talking about! :)
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)