Home News Reviews Forums Shop

i just need to rant

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

i just need to rant

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:14 pm

so i bought Jennifer a laptop off ebay and now it has been 2 weeks and no laptop. And 1 week since last contact from the seller. so i look up the seller info to find out if i could contact them to find a fake phone number and a name that was not the name of the seller. So I then went threw paypal for a dispute. and wrote the following

I have tried to contact the seller via email and have not heard from him since 9/11/04 where he wrote.
"Hey, my P.O. put wrong zip down item either reshipped today or first thing Monday morning. Just wanted to let you know of the status before I left for the weekend. Have a good weekend. David"
I have sent 5 emails since that date, where 4 have requested some sort of tracking information and or the inssurance number for the itm. my last email sent 9/17 at 5:09pm PST requested for the seller to call me, due to the fact that the ebay contact information did not match his name and that the phone number placed in the user information was fake. My seller ad stated that it would be sent Priority Mail via the USPS. The USPS claims that Priority Mail arrives in "an average of 2 to 3 days." Meaning if my item was to leave as late as Monday I should of gotten my package by Thursday, today is Saturday. Due to the lack of communication in the past 7 days I have chosen to send this dispute. I look forward from hearing from either David or Paypal/Ebay soon.

So I have tried many of ways to contact the seller. even by going to the email provider to find out that it is a 3rd party email provider called www.altel.net I found out that this email account requires a 2nd email address to regain a password. So to say the least i am crestfallen. I hope this all works out. the cost was $600.25 of which was paid via my bank account.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:48 pm

You use Paypal or anything? It sucks you used your bank account. If you would have used a credit card, they probably would have covered you. Who knows.. let your bank know. They might be able to track them down. If not, you can still get half of it back through eBay. It takes some work though.

I have to ask this.. what the hell are you doing buying Jennifer a laptop? I don't buy my friends laptops. #-o
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Ian wrote:You use Paypal or anything?

He said he did, you know, since he filed the dispute with them!

Wrong forum btw, :P.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:49 am

Monte,

What's up with this Jenn deal? Are you back together again?

Slim
Who wishes you better luck this time bye!
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:53 am

Ian wrote:You use Paypal or anything? It sucks you used your bank account. If you would have used a credit card, they probably would have covered you. Who knows.. let your bank know. They might be able to track them down. If not, you can still get half of it back through eBay. It takes some work though.

I have to ask this.. what the hell are you doing buying Jennifer a laptop? I don't buy my friends laptops. #-o

Yeah, what's up with the laptop?

Jamie W. would buy her an assault rifle no that they are legal again.

Slim
Who strongly supports the Second and doesn't think that there is such a thing as an anti-gun cowboy.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:00 am

Hey, another thing Monte, for my own use. I have some bids in on ebay and I always check the feedback comments of previous buyers. I assume that you did that, and if so, are these BS? Do you think that unscrupulous sellers fake them?

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:02 am

I don't know why. I am just a good guy, we are still dating, she isn't seeing anyone while she is away at school. She is just doing school. I am flying her home on the 15th of Oct to go out on a date, I am looking forward to that. Her and I are still talking a lot while she is away. in the past month we spoke for over 7 hours of talk.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:45 am

You're not doing this because you're a "good guy." You're trying to woo her with gifts under the guise of "welp, that'sa just who i am duh." It may work, it may not. But if it won't work without the gifts, you may not want it. And if it doesn't work, you're just out an assload of cash. But I understand, I once gave my car to a Burger King cashier because I thought the fries were that damn good.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby MonteLDS on Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:52 pm

just an update. the guy called me today. ends up he lives in the sticks and his father died. So when he had the post office error he didn't get the chance to get the package back to the post office. So he is sending it on monday w/ a tracking number etc. good guy!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:15 pm

MonteLDS wrote:just an update. the guy called me today. ends up he lives in the sticks and his father died. So when he had the post office error he didn't get the chance to get the package back to the post office. So he is sending it on monday w/ a tracking number etc. good guy!

Keep on him. Paypal and eBay both have certain time periods where you can make a claim (Paypal is 30 days from purchase). Any later and you're SOL. A lot of times these guys keep feeding you bullshit so you can't make a claim against them.

If you don't get it in another week, file a claim against him. If it does show up, you can cancel it. This way at least you have your bases covered.

btw.. you got a link to this auction?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:16 pm

nm... I found it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6705836834

The C600 is a good laptop. I used to have one.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:31 pm

yup that is the one. I look forward to it comming here on Wednesday!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:14 pm

Easy way to go broke and heartbroken is to buy stuff like this for the woman you hope to woo.

Don't do it man!!!!

Sell the laptop again on eBay!!!

man man man oh man....
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden