Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6.3.1.25 is out !

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6.3.1.25 is out !

Postby ItalianJob on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:39 pm

Change log unknown at the moment... It will be here :
http://www.nero.com/us/Release_Notes.html
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:30 pm

"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby oslik3 on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:44 am

Changes from Nero 6.3.1.20 to 6.3.1.25
Release Date: 20-09-2004

New Features

Nero Burning ROM / Nero Express

Added support for new recorders
Added new Booktype setting option "Automatic"
Optimized Booktype settings for some vendors

Bug Fixes

Extended check for DVD+R9 Double Layer support
Fixed a problem with an empty dialog box occurring in save track mode
Fixed problems writing on second layer of a DVD+R9 DL that occurred with several drives
Fixed a localisation problem in the change booktype dialog box
Fixed a minor compatibility problem with 8x double layer medias
Fixed a problem with DVD+R9 DL burning

Nero Burning ROM

Solved a finalizing problem with CD extra
Fixed some localisation problems
Fixed an instability problem when writing (S)VCD compilations
Fixed a minor compatibility problem that occurred during the copy process of open DVD+R VR media

Nero Express

Fixed an audio preview problem
Fixed a DVD disc copy problem which occurred when booktype was set to DVD-ROM
Solved some problems for VCD creation
Solved some minor GUI problems

Nero Start Smart

Extended PDF manuals
Solved a minor localisation problem
Solved a minor GUI problem

Nero Wave Editor

Fixed An error under Windows NT™ which occurred when starting
Nero Wave Editor
Fixed a minor audio output problem
Fixed compatibility problem under Windows™ 98

Nero BackItUp

• A backup is no longer deleted if update backup is cancelled when a medium is requested
Nero Cover Designer

A problem that was caused by clicking on the brush tool is fixed
oslik3
CD-RW Thug

Postby tazdevl on Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:39 pm

Yknow, Nero is starting to get to the point where the bloat resembles Miss Piggy.

I'd like Ahead to add in the capability to do a customized install. For example, the only 2 apps I really want installed are Burning Rom and Recode.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

oops. . .

Postby raydog1 on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:49 am

Nero Start Smart

Extended PDF manuals

But. . . I tested this update on 2 different system. There is a new GUI problem where the "HD" tab no longer shows up when "Enable all recorder formats" is selected. #-o
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Add Bitsetting on the PX-712A to that. At least from what CDFreaks is reporting:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=108586
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Uncle Potato on Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:27 am

Viola, the famous mis-labelled CD bug is still there.
I have waited a long time to have this nasty bug fixed, but each release is a disappointment to me.

When I say "Continue Session", why Nero still insist to use the last label name I used??

I do a lot of backup by using "continue session" for each user, now most of labelled CDRs uses last used label, that means I have to re-key the disc label, or if I missed it, John's will becomes Mary's......
#-o

oslik3 wrote:Changes from Nero 6.3.1.20 to 6.3.1.25

Bug Fixes

Fixed problems writing on second layer of a DVD+R9 DL that occurred with several drives

Nero Burning ROM

Fixed a minor compatibility problem that occurred during the copy process of open DVD+R VR media

Uncle Potato
Buffer Underrun

Postby bac on Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:09 pm

oslik3 wrote:Fixed a problem with DVD+R9 DL burning
They are nice and vague on most of these "fixes" aren't they? :) I'm curious if nero yet supports adding the layer break flag into ifos when burning dual layer. Ie seamless layer break support. Anybody know?

Or the opposite: paying attention to any existing layer break flag(s) and making the physical layer break match the position of one of them.
bac
CD-RW Thug

Re: oops. . .

Postby CCampbell on Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:32 pm

raydog1 wrote:Nero Start Smart

Extended PDF manuals

But. . . I tested this update on 2 different system. There is a new GUI problem where the "HD" tab no longer shows up when "Enable all recorder formats" is selected. #-o

I've checked with our Engineers, and this is not a bug. For reasons I can not state at this time, this was done purposely. However, if you do have a Recorder that supports HD or DDCD, then these two Tab's will appear in the Nero StartSmart. They just will not appear when you check the option for "Enable All Recorder Formats". Sorry.

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:33 pm

bac wrote:
They are nice and vague on most of these "fixes" aren't they? :) I'm curious if nero yet supports adding the layer break flag into ifos when burning dual layer. Ie seamless layer break support. Anybody know?

Or the opposite: paying attention to any existing layer break flag(s) and making the physical layer break match the position of one of them.

Hi Bac,

I'll check on this for you and get back to you in a couple of days with my findings.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby bac on Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:51 pm

CCampbell wrote:I'll check on this for you and get back to you in a couple of days with my findings.
Great thank you. I saw from this thread: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225001 that there are several issues that (at least in the past) were a problem for nero specifically.
bac
CD-RW Thug

Postby MikeTR on Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:17 pm

tazdevl wrote:Yknow, Nero is starting to get to the point where the bloat resembles Miss Piggy.

I'd like Ahead to add in the capability to do a customized install. For example, the only 2 apps I really want installed are Burning Rom and Recode.

That makes (at least) two of us. I miss the ' good old' pre-express 5.5 days. Keep things nice and simple.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Re: oops. . .

Postby raydog1 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:18 am

CCampbell wrote:
raydog1 wrote:Nero Start Smart

Extended PDF manuals

I've checked with our Engineers, and this is not a bug. For reasons I can not state at this time, this was done purposely. However, if you do have a Recorder that supports HD or DDCD, then these two Tab's will appear in the Nero StartSmart. They just will not appear when you check the option for "Enable All Recorder Formats". Sorry.

Best Regards,

Craig

Ahhh. . . Heard that one before from Microsoft. It's a "feature" & not a bug right? :lol:

Just kidding. Thanks for the clarification CC. Everything seems to work just fine with this release. I'm waiting on something worth using another DL disk on. They're a little too expensive to just test on anything for the heck of it.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby Uncle Potato on Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:53 am

Verified and the two bugs I encountered still exists in 6.3.1.25:
(1) Continue Session : Disc Label uses last used instead of expected to "continue"
(2) The blue bar at bottom sometimes doesn't show. This can be easily re-produce by doing this:
New - continue session, then do a NEW - Continue Session again with same CD.
oslik3 wrote:="oslik3"]Changes from Nero 6.3.1.20 to 6.3.1.25

Bug Fixes

Nero Burning ROM

Uncle Potato
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 pm

bac wrote:

Hi Bac,

Here is the response from our Engineers:

"Question:
I'm curious if nero yet supports adding the layer break flag into ifos when burning dual layer. Ie seamless layer break support. Anybody know?

Answer:
Nero sets the layerbreak in images bigger than 4.7GB, in case they are below no layerbreak is set. This is the behaviour up from the next Nero version (> 6.3.1.26). Currently no layerbreak is set in the image.

Question:

Answer:
Currently this isn't done so far in Nero. Usually the layerbreak is removed
by most riping tools, only in case you have an unprotected DVD and copy the content to HD using the Explorer then the layerbreak in the IFO file is kept.
However we have created a Bug Entry to check for the layerbreak in the IFO file. This will be addressed in a future release."

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:00 am

Craig;

I have this problem since last 2-3 months and I hope you have some answer for it; the problem is when I ripped Video DVD with DVD Shrink as you know DVD Shrink rip the Video in a temp directory (say C:\MovieTemp) and then after completion of ripping automatically command Nero to burn the ripped file. So far so good, but if later try to burn the ripped file from (C:\MovieTemp) by Nero in Video DVD format then the burn icon in Nero Burning Rom is gray out, if try to burn it in ISO/UDF format then burning icon is active process will be performed but the burnt DVD file will not play in my stand alone DVD player.

I appreciate your comment on this issue.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby bac on Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:57 am

CCampbell wrote:Answer:
Nero sets the layerbreak in images bigger than 4.7GB, in case they are below no layerbreak is set. This is the behaviour up from the next Nero version (> 6.3.1.26). Currently no layerbreak is set in the image.
So it's fixed in the next release. Excellent. Thank you.
CCampbell wrote:Question:

Answer:
by most riping tools, only in case you have an unprotected DVD and copy the content to HD using the Explorer then the layerbreak in the IFO file is kept.
However we have created a Bug Entry to check for the layerbreak in the IFO file. This will be addressed in a future release."
Actually when I've ripped movies with dvddecrypter, and verified them with ifoedit, I can see that the layer break flags are still present. It is only if I then split the dvd with something like dvdfab that the layer break flags get removed. But one wouldn't be using dvdfab with a dual layer backup...
bac
CD-RW Thug

Postby ItalianJob on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:20 am

CCampbell wrote:
bac wrote:

Hi Bac,

Here is the response from our Engineers:

"Question:
I'm curious if nero yet supports adding the layer break flag into ifos when burning dual layer. Ie seamless layer break support. Anybody know?

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

Regards,

Craig

CopyToDVD 3 optimizes the layer break position (between two chapters I think it's less visible...) when burning DL, since some weeks... Do the Nero team totaly miss that point ?
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:29 pm

The Engineer did say most, not all Ripping tools. :)

And it's very possible that since the last time they checked all the ripping tools that a lot has changed. The main point is that a future version of Nero will pay attention to layer break flags.

And TCAS, let me look into this a little, and make sure I can duplicate your issue. And then I'll see what our Engineers have to say. I'll get back to you on this in a few days.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby ItalianJob on Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:16 pm

OK... CopyToDVD 3 is not a ripping tool, but a burning tool (Blindwrite suite)...
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:34 pm

TCAS wrote:Craig;

I have this problem since last 2-3 months and I hope you have some answer for it; the problem is when I ripped Video DVD with DVD Shrink as you know DVD Shrink rip the Video in a temp directory (say C:\MovieTemp) and then after completion of ripping automatically command Nero to burn the ripped file. So far so good, but if later try to burn the ripped file from (C:\MovieTemp) by Nero in Video DVD format then the burn icon in Nero Burning Rom is gray out, if try to burn it in ISO/UDF format then burning icon is active process will be performed but the burnt DVD file will not play in my stand alone DVD player.

Hi TCAS,

I'm not seeing this on my systems here. I downloaded the latest Nero 6.3.1.25 as well as the latest DVD Shrink. Used DVD Shrink to Ripp a DVD to my hard drive C:\Temp and then closed DVD Shrink. I then manually launched Nero Express and selected the DVD-Video option. And added the VOB, BUP, IFO files to the Video_TS Folder contained in the Nero Express Window. The BURN button becomes selectable right away. I did get a failed burn due to the media I was working with on the Plextor PX-716A drive, so I switched the drive out for the Plextor PX-712 and that was able to burn without any problems.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:55 pm

lucky dog...already using a Plextor 716A :D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TCAS on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 pm

CCampbell wrote:
TCAS wrote:Craig;

Hi TCAS,

I'm not seeing this on my systems here. I downloaded the latest Nero 6.3.1.25 as well as the latest DVD Shrink. Used DVD Shrink to Ripp a DVD to my hard drive C:\Temp and then closed DVD Shrink. I then manually launched Nero Express and selected the DVD-Video option. And added the VOB, BUP, IFO files to the Video_TS Folder contained in the Nero Express Window. The BURN button becomes selectable right away. I did get a failed burn due to the media I was working with on the Plextor PX-716A drive, so I switched the drive out for the Plextor PX-712 and that was able to burn without any problems.

Regards,

Craig

Craig;

Thank so much for your quick response and taking time to experience on hand this problem. I will try the same procedure and will post the comment later.

Again I thank you
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:34 am

Craig;

I did try your instruction by the following step and result:

1) I did open the Nero Express and find no option for DVD Video.

2) I did open the Nero Burning Rom, selected DVD Video option, opened the compilation, transferred all the DVD files that I had ripped from DVD Shrink and saved in a directory of C drive into left side of compilation under Video_TS file then I found as usual the burning button is grayed the clicked on switch to Nero Express then click next then again I could burn the compilation in Nero Express because the burn button was deselected.

3) I tried NeroVision 2 selected make DVD Video, added DVD compliance files by then NeroVision start recoding already encoded file which at that point I eliminated the process.

Some how I can't simulate exactly what you were able to do.

Thanks;
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi TCAS,

1) If you go through Nero Express, when you first launch Nero Express, you need to use the Drop down box located at the top to select your recorder, and the option for DVD. It will default to your recorder, but have selected CD-R/RW. Once you change it to DVD, then you will see the option for DVD-Video

2) I just now tested the Nero Burning ROM interface, and followed your steps exactly. I launched Nero Burning ROM, used the drop down to select DVD, and then selected DVD-Video and NEW; then dragged and dropped all my VOB, BUP, IFO files into the Video-TS folder and under lable I unchecked the option for Joliet as some DVD Players have trouble playing DVDs that are not strictkly ISO9660 when it comes to naming; and then under the BURN tab I was able to select the burn.

What model recorder are you working with? And what version of the firmware? I want to test with your model so I can see if this somehow has something to do with your symptoms, though it should not.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)