Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Drag to Disk?

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Drag to Disk?

Postby Chloe on Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:24 am

Hi,
I have ECDC 5 Basic now. I use Direct CD all the time. What I need to know is does Drag to Disk in 7 do the same thing for DVDs tha Direct Cd does for CDs? Will I be able to use a DVD like a floppy? If so what kind of DVD do I need? I've been looking all over for an answer before I buy.
Thank you
Chloe
Chloe
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:51 pm

D2D is basically the same app as DirectCD, but it seems a little less invasive on the system (things seem to work better with D2D than DirectCD in my experience), and yeah, you can use a DVD with it now. It works with at least all the re-writeable formats (DVD-RAM,-RW, +RW) and I'd guess it works with the -R and +R discs as well but what's the point?

DVD's created with D2D actually work really well and seem much more compatible than CDs with DirectCD; probably because DVDs can use the same file format natively (UDF? my mind is blanking on acronyms).
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Chloe on Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:43 pm

Thank you for your response. Would I be just as well off looking for ECDC 6 at a lower price? I don't really need all the extras. Does 6's Drag to Disk work with DVDs too?
Thank you
Chloe
Chloe
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:14 pm

I think it does (work on DVDs), but I'm not sure. I never went to 6. I think the general impression is that 7 is a much better product overall than 6 was (although many people just hate Roxio on principle ;) ) -- but I think they did a lot of work to make EMC 7 more compatible and better code. (there were lots of growing pains with 6; if you happen to get it be sure to immediately patch it right up to the latest version!)

Of course, I barely ever use it for anything but I do use Drag-2-Disc quite a bit.

I would say that unless money is a really overriding concern, keep an eye out for a big rebate on Easy Media Creator 7 and get that version so you're not buying software that's already obsolete. You may be able to get EMC7 for $29.99 or $39.99 after rebate if you keep an eye out and don't need it immediately.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Chloe on Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:20 pm

Thank you very much. I will watch for the rebate as you suggest and buy 7. I might as well be up to date.

Chloe
Chloe
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:28 am

you can buy an OEM version of Easy Media Creator 7 (CD only, no manual etc.) for about $9 at www.mwave.com providing you buy any hardware along with it.

here's the link:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx ... ia=AA29270
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby pranav81 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:55 am

Hi.
D2D is very good piece of software and I use it regularly.Just remember to patch the software to latest version when you install it.

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Chloe on Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:30 am

Hi,
Is the EMC 7 Basic DVD Edition(CD only) that I see all over Ebay (at a low price) the same as one I see for sale at Roxio's site minus the perks, such as Photo Suite? I don't need the perks.
Thank Yuo
Chloe
Chloe
Buffer Underrun

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio