Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem w/ Sony DRU-700A & XP SR2

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Problem w/ Sony DRU-700A & XP SR2

Postby stuboyle on Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:12 pm

I have been unsucessfull buring to DVD+RW's and DVD-R's when the burn size exceeds 3.5gb. I have a Sony DRU-700A with the latest firmware updated and am running WinXP SR2. All burns to CD-R's have been sucessfull.

Sony tech support says there have been reported numerous problems with SR2 and that I should go back to SR1. That sound like a lot of work which for me means reformatting my hard drive and starting over.

Is Sony correct or was it just a quick and easy answer to get rid of me?

Regards,

Stuart
stuboyle
Buffer Underrun

Postby overclockxp on Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:24 am

Before you reinstall everything try uninstalling SP2 as explained here.

Let us know how it goes.
Overclock
overclockxp
CD-RW Thug

Re: Problem w/ Sony DRU-700A & XP SR2

Postby AlienTech on Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:17 am

stuboyle wrote:I have been unsucessfull buring to DVD+RW's and DVD-R's when the burn size exceeds 3.5gb. I have a Sony DRU-700A with the latest firmware updated and am running WinXP SR2. All burns to CD-R's have been sucessfull.

Sony tech support says there have been reported numerous problems with SR2 and that I should go back to SR1. That sound like a lot of work which for me means reformatting my hard drive and starting over.

Is Sony correct or was it just a quick and easy answer to get rid of me?

Regards,

Stuart

You have not mentioned what media you were using, What speed you were writing it at an what the failure was. This does not look like its an SP2 problem. Did this work in SP1? or anywhere else? I have SP2 installed but have not used it yet. But I seen this problem with SP1 as well. Its usually the media and writing it at a slower speed will help.
AlienTech
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers