Home News Reviews Forums Shop

which one to use

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

which one to use

Postby hotmamma on Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:14 am

hi all
as im so new to this,and i fully dont understand how to use my new computer(but my kids do,but they wont show me)
i have a dvd rom and a dvd burner
the dvd rom up top and burner underneath,if i borrowed a pc game,and like it,and would kile to do a copy,do i use a cd disc,or a dvd disc,and do i put it in the top or the bottom.
i also have nero ?
would like to copy tony hawk for the kids.
I have practice a few times but im not getting anywhere,just trying to keep up with the jones?
thanks
hotmamma
Buffer Underrun

Postby MadBurner on Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:06 am

You may be able to copy a PC game and even install it but you won't be able to run the game without the original CD-ROM or some very invasive knowledge of how to bypass CD Protection Systems. I would check out the following forum from cdfreaks.com:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Good Luck!!
MB
MadBurner
CD-RW Player

Re: which one to use

Postby Bhairav on Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:50 am

hotmamma wrote:hi all
as im so new to this,and i fully dont understand how to use my new computer(but my kids do,but they wont show me)
i have a dvd rom and a dvd burner
the dvd rom up top and burner underneath,if i borrowed a pc game,and like it,and would kile to do a copy,do i use a cd disc,or a dvd disc,and do i put it in the top or the bottom.
i also have nero ?
would like to copy tony hawk for the kids.
I have practice a few times but im not getting anywhere,just trying to keep up with the jones?
thanks

I don't think you ought to be discussing copying borrowed games; it is illegal in most countries.
Thread locked.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers