Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Fresh install of Nero 6.3.1.25 and am missing a .dll,but...

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Fresh install of Nero 6.3.1.25 and am missing a .dll,but...

Postby NoSmartz on Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:03 am

I installed the newer burning rom version(6.3.1.25) recently and I noticed in my Norton recycle bin that the fresh install took my DVDMPEG2Enc.dll to the recycle bin.I already have it onhand to drop it in nero's plugin folder but ......recode 2.1 and everthing else seems to be working properly.Do I need this .dll?If I put it in the plugins directory will it cause any conflicts?

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:08 pm

NoSmartz I have also the 23125 Nero installed, and have no DVDMPEG2Enc.dll in NERO or PLUGINS directory, but see the MPGEnc.dll
in my NERO directory, and too all works fine with my NERO systems!
Because I don't have the DVDMPEG2Enc.dll on my HDdrive I have no experience with this file in the plugins...(I use Win98SE !)

Maybe it was a .dll from other DVD software wich you uninstalled in the past weeks?
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:18 pm

HardwareHarry,
I actually have seen that .dll in my ahead folder last year but never paid attention to it's purpose.I look't online and some seem to say that it's for encoding svcd's or something similar.I've only back't up 2 movies since installing 6.3.1.25 but they seem to be okay and they both register as mpeg 2 compression when I look at them in Recode 2.Recode 2 also seems to be much faster than the earlier Recode 2 versions,way faster.
It definately is a Nero plugin but it's purpose is lost on me.
Who knows :-k .

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:08 am

Hi NoSmartz, I know about RECODE2.

Leave this message for Monday, maybe Graig will have an answer to this
subject !

I'm curious about version 3 of NVE/Recode on Monday's 6.6 release of Nero. :o :)

Greetings Harry
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:41 am

That's an idea.He would surely know.Maybe since the last time I updated Nero(9 or 10 months ago) the .dll's have changed and that one is not necassary or just out of date.Just a thought.

I'm curious about version 3 of NVE/Recode on Monday's 6.6 release of Nero.
You and me both.I'm quite reluctant to give up on this nero 6.3.1.25 I installed recently though.It's just been waaaay fast.At least 50% faster than the previous version I was using.I did 2 movies with both versions and this newer one is fantastic.The new version that comes out monday better have free movie tickets and a free dinner at a fine resteraunt for me to change over to it.
I read all these problems(errors and such) that people seem to have with nero and I don't understand at all.I haven't had any problems,Ever.It's been rock solid.

Auf Wiedersehen

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:52 am

For me the same reaction, have had no problems with NERO wich can't resolved...
I don't want to react to those problem messages here because I don't understand why they've got it!
About 6.6, if you're not satisfied with it, you can always install 63125 over it.
NoSmartz I understand a little German, but in the Netherlands its
"Tot ziens" cu... ;)

Harry
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:36 pm

HardwareHarry wrote:For me the same reaction, have had no problems with NERO wich can't resolved...
I don't want to react to those problem messages here because I don't understand why they've got it!
About 6.6, if you're not satisfied with it, you can always install 63125 over it.
NoSmartz I understand a little German, but in the Netherlands its
"Tot ziens" cu... ;)

Harry

I agree %100
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:01 pm

we'll have to see when 6.6 comes around and when all the bugs start coming through the forums.I'll wait a week or 2 to see the 1st reactions.
I just did another movie and this version is very reliable and fast.
I know very little German,just enough to get by while I was there back in the 90's.Never made it to the Netherlands.Very close though.Hamburg was right around the corner.
In texas we just say, "see ya later".

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 am

"E" in the army or vacation?

No 6.6 until now, maybe it's delayed...
well it's better that Ahead wait until they're really finished !
I will look there for another time in the midnight hours.

Harry
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:55 am

Graduated high school then didn't have anything to do.Mother called and said I could work on the army base she was at(she's not in the military,just military service area) and so I said why not.Have been there and back many times since '91.Last time was during 9/11.That's when I came through Hamburg.She's been to the Netherlands many times.Been mugged twice(gypsies) there but she still liked the country.Basically work and vacation visits.I also have relatives near frankfurt(real germans).
I noticed that nero 6.6 was delayed this morning when I got up super early.No news so far but the days not over yet.We'll C [-o<

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

The DVDMPEG2Enc.dll is our Encoder and was used for DVD and SVCD creation. We have since renamed the file and that is why your old DVDMPEG2Enc.dll was deleted as it was no longer needed and no longer called upon by our program.

IF you are able to create any SVCD or DVD, then you are obviously not affected by its removal. As we did replace it with a similar file with a different name.

Nero 6.6 release date has been pushed back to October 25th as some development is still being worked on at this time.

And the H.264 support in Nero Digital's MPEG-4 Encoder will not be available till end of November. With the possibility that it may come out a litter earlier.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:45 pm

Interesting story "E"... mugged in the Netherlands. ;)
Just kidding, its interesting!
I had a sister was married to engineer, and later found a good job at Hughes, later Boeing, and had to travel much to Bonn also, and other german places, while some days off came to us in Holland to visit family,
and I always looked upon his status, because he knew much about computers... and always told interesting stories. :)

Graig:
We thought already that it might be some other .dll thanks for your answer.

Nero6.6:
Thanks Graig, we wrote already about it, that it's better late and good, than early and with some bugs still with it!
We keep the other mentioned date 28 October for sure, but are curious seeking the FTP-servers around that date. ;)
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Thanx for the heads up Craig.I appreciate your help.I kinda figured it was out of date but I wasn't for sure.Now I know.
Gracias

Yeah I've been over a few times HardwareHarry.Back and forth since about '91 or so.I have relatives I can crash with in Germany and Norway so I'm pretty lucky.My relatives there are way more educated and intelligent(international business,engineer etc...) than I am and I feel intellectually small around them but I'm from texas and I make em laugh so it kinda evens out :D .
I know more about PC's though :D :D :D :D

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)