Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Burn Programs Work, But ASPICHK Says N/G

Anything else

Burn Programs Work, But ASPICHK Says N/G

Postby stevetro on Wed Dec 31, 1969 11:31 pm

Essentially, my problem is that I want to use CDR Identifier, but it won't run because it reports that my ASPI Layer is old and then it quits. However, all my burn programs (CDRWIN,CloneCD,NERO) work just fine and recognize my TDK VeloCD 24/10/40. I ran ASPICHK and it also reported that the ASPI Layer installation is messed up, missing files, etc. I forced in WNASPI32.DLL and rebooted, this allowed CDR Identifier to run ok, but only after it and the Win98 boot process exclaimed, "Must replace original WNASPI32.DLL", so I backed this out. Other than that last file attempt, all files should be original Win98SE. I also tried to update by running Adaptec's ASPI32.EXE, but this quit since it did not find any Adaptec components/adapters. I'm confused with the whole WINASPI layer update process. I don't want to break working programs, but I want to be able to run CDR Identifier, or something else like it. I think I need to locate the ASPI layer files separately and not as part of an install!? Could there be some confusion with WinMediaPlayer7? O/S is Win98SE. Thanks for your help. :-?
stevetro
Buffer Underrun

Postby Han on Wed Dec 31, 1969 11:31 pm

Do a Google search for ForceASPI 1.7. Its setup backs up your current aspi files, aspichk will then report good aspi status and CDR Identifier should work. For now I haven't experienced any troubles using ForceASPI, which is actually Adaptec's ripped version...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

That sounds good, I'll give it a try tonight and report back.
stevetro
Buffer Underrun

Excellent! That did it. This even appears to have corrected issues with my sound card traffic constantly being interrupted when I open/close other apps. while listening to tunes.... or maybe it's that fact that I'm now using MusicMatch over WinMediaPlayer? Anyway things are much improved, and oh... CDR Ident is good too. Thanks Again
stevetro
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions