Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Using Nero to back up large folders

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Using Nero to back up large folders

Postby StoneBurner on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:02 am

First of all, i dont want to back up an entire hard drive, and I would rather that the backup be readable w/o a program like Ghost or Backitup. I want to back up all my mp3's right now, which are all in one folder which is over 70 gigs, with several sub folders of various sizes. Is there some way Nero can do this, automatically set up the right size and go onto the next volume?
StoneBurner
Buffer Underrun

Postby redk9258 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:09 am

Have a look at Burn To The Brim..
http://bttb.sourceforge.net/
I have never personally used it but have heard good things about it. I think it works for CD and DVD.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Re: Using Nero to back up large folders

Postby CCampbell on Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:23 pm

StoneBurner wrote:First of all, i dont want to back up an entire hard drive, and I would rather that the backup be readable w/o a program like Ghost or Backitup. I want to back up all my mp3's right now, which are all in one folder which is over 70 gigs, with several sub folders of various sizes. Is there some way Nero can do this, automatically set up the right size and go onto the next volume?

Nero BackItUP can do this, as long as you do not use the 'Compression' option, you can backup the files and when it comes to restore them you can do so through the Windows Explorer.

Regards

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)