Home News Reviews Forums Shop

nero 5.5 buzzing noise problem

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

nero 5.5 buzzing noise problem

Postby cliff on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:14 pm

When I try  to burn music, my Nero software converts the original wav file to a cda file without seemingly converting it back to wav format (as far as I can tell).  

As a result, the cda file on the cdr emits a buzzing noise instead of playing music.  The original size of one wav music file, for example, is 31.5 mb, and after the Nero burn on the cdr the size of the same music file in cda format is 2 kb.  

The original wav file specifications before burning are as follows:

wav format: windows pcm wav
frequency: 44,100 Hz
resolution: 16 bit

The Nero software indicates that the burn has been "successful," yet the result, as noted, is a disk full of cda files.  I have tried using the Nero Express mode as well as the regular Nero window interface, but both modes produce the cda file problem.

I have also tried different cdr brands but the same problem results, even when burning at 1x speed. Other notes: I have uninstalled then reinstalled Nero and used the Nero clean tools before the reinstallation. I have the latest updates for Nero version 5.5

I have never had this problem with Nero in the past, and I have not been able to solve this problem.  Any tips on how to solve this problem, outside of what I have already tried, are greatly appreciated.  Thanks for any tips or advice.
cliff
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:48 pm

are you sure you are aking an audio disc not a data disc?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby stix on Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:44 am

I ran into this problem awhile back. Can't remember exactly whether the source files were protected or what. It's not the media or the burner. If you want to be able to play the CD in a standard music CD player, you need to end up with cda files on the CD. for some reason you are not getting all the data written. (put a standard music cd in your computer's CDrom drive and take a look at the files, right click on a file and select Properties, and the file appears to only take up 2KB, yet we know that can't be right.) If you are trying to put WMA files on the CD, copy them to CD as data files. Sorry I can't be of more help. Someone around here will know more about this.
stix
stix
CD-RW Player

Postby cliff on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:22 am

Yes, I do ask for an audio disk rather than a data disk when burning music. And I'm burning regular wav files, not wma files. Nero staff are currently investigating my log files, so we'll see what they say. Thanks for the interest. Cliff.
cliff
Buffer Underrun

nero support not responding

Postby cliff on Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:44 pm

Nero support is not responding to my problem as outlined above.
If anyone has any possible ideas on how to solve this buzzing noise issue as discussed, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks, Cliff.
cliff
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi Cliff,

Can you provide a copy of the Nero log file so we can see what process you are using, and if there are any error messages or other descrepancies?

Any audio CD you create will have the files converted to CDA format, as that is the standard, regardless if the source file is WAV, MP3, VQF, OGG, etc.

Have you tried slower write speeds or different brand of media?
Do you have the latest firmware for your recorder?
Do you have the latest version of Nero 6.3 or 6.6?

Does this playback issue only occur on Car or Home Stereo's, or just on your Computer, or both?

Regards

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

possible problems identified

Postby cliff on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm

Thanks for the interest, Craig.

I may have identified the problem; unfortunately, I don't know how to solve the problem, but I can describe it.

I have two IDE-devices ([1, 0, 0] (D:) MATSHITA - CD-ROM CR-588 and [1, 1, 0] (E:) PLEXTOR - CD-R PX-W1210A), that are connected to the same IDE-port.

I understand that I should not have two ide devices connected to the same ide port. Having said that, I'm not sure how to correct this situation.

I have examined the ide section in the device manager window of Windows XP (home edition). Here there are three areas: intel pci bus master ide controller, primary ide channel, and secondary ide channel. All three devices indicate that they are "working properly." In studying these devices, I was hoping to figure out how to separate the two above named devices from the same ide port. But nowhere here are the devices MATSHITA or PLEXTOR mentioned. For example, it may be that both devices are connected to the primary ide channel.

Other notes: the secondary ide channel can be disabled but the primary ide channel for this option is greyed out, disallowing this option. Also, both the primary and seconday ide channels are set to 'dma if available' and 'auto detection.'

With this information, perhaps you have more detailed insight on how to discover and correct this problem of two ide devices connected to the same ide port. My guess is that I may have to go elsewhere within the Windows XP configuration to make the separation, but I'm still looking.

Another issue: I'm using Nero burning software, and I just downloaded the latest aspi driver for it. I noticed that this aspi driver is a dill file, so I just placed it with other dill files in the Nero folder. If there is a more correct way to 'install' this aspi driver, I would appreciate any tips.

Thanks for the suggestions and interest.
Cliff.
cliff
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:22 pm

Hi Cliff,

If you run the Nero InfoTool, it will tell you under the 'Configuration' tab what devices are connected to which IDE Primary or Secondary bus.

I would assume your Hard Drive is connected to the Primary IDE bus, and your Recorder and CDROM/DVDROM drive is connected to the Secondary IDE Bus.

I would recommend having your Hard Drive connected as Master on the Primary IDE bus, along with your CDROM/DVDROM drive as Slave on the Primary IDE bus. And then connect your Recorder as Master on the Secondary IDE bus.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby cliff on Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:02 pm

According to the Nero InfoTool, my primary ide channel is connected to my maxtor hard drive, which is appropriate.

However, the secondary ide channel has the matshita cdrom drive as a 'master' as well as the plextor recorder as a 'slave.'

As such, I need to move the matshita cdrom drive to the primary ide channel as a 'slave.'

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this. If the re-installation of software is involved, I don't have any software from the matshita cdrom drive, although I do have an installation cd from plextor. If needed, perhaps I can download and re-install drivers for the matshita cdrom drive from their web page.

Any tips on how to make this switch are greatly appreciated!
cliff
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:49 pm

No software is needed, this is Hardware only issues.

You simply need to disconnect the CDROM from the Secondary IDE Cable, change the jumper on the back of the CDROM to SLAVE and then connect to the Primary IDE Cable.

And for your recorder, change the jumper from SLAVE to MASTER, and keep it connected to the Secondary IDE cable.

Check the Manuals that came with your Drives for tips on how to set them up.

Regards,

Craig
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)