Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Troubles w/ NVE (Latest Version)

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Troubles w/ NVE (Latest Version)

Postby crea78 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:01 am

I recently had Nero 6.6.0.0 and I tried to d/l the latest version but couldn't. So Ian told me to uninstall the programs and do a fresh reinstall. Therefore, I took his advice and used the Clean Tool to uninstall 6.6.0.0.

I went to d/l the newest version (pkg 1 installed), but on Nero Vision Express pkg (NVE3014) I get an error halfway thru the setup. Here is what the error says: Error during installation of component "NeroPhotoSnap". Crain, do you have any suggestions for d/l the latest version NVE pkg. I like to have the most recent version on my computer, but seems like there is a bug in this particular download.
crea78
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:37 pm

Sounds like a corrupted download. I can only suggest to try downloading again. I downloaded the NVE3014 from our website just yesterday to test another issue, so I am confident the original file is good.

I would suggest when you get to the download page, to close the default window that comes up when it first launches, and to click on the option that says, "Alternatively you can download this file also by HTTP" and see if this link gives you a better result.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby crea78 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:17 pm

Ok, I'll try that & let you know what happens.
crea78
Buffer Underrun

Postby crea78 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:26 pm

Craig,

I attempted to install the latest version of NVE on my parents desktop computer and the same problem occurred. Never could finish the setup for some reason??

FYI, both computers DO NOT have MS System Pack 2 on them so could that be the problem. Does the latest version of NVE need SP2 in order to install properly??
crea78
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Hi Crea78,

Did you do a fresh download and try and install?

If it's not a corrupted download, I'm not sure what would prevent Nero PhotoSnap from installing. It's not Nero Vision, but Nero PhotoSnap that is running into an issue. And it's a very basic program, unlike Nero Vision.

I've downloaded the latest build on our website and installed just to confirm all is well with the posted update.

The only thing I can think of at this point would be for you to use the Nero Info Tool to generate a report on your system and to send to me at techsupport4@nero.com so I can see what is on your system that could possible cause a conflict.

P.S. I have only had 2 other users report this exact symptom, and in each case a fresh download resolved the issue.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby crea78 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:18 pm

Craig, I did do a fresh d/l and reinstall. Even used the Clean Tool to wipe out Nero, but same problem occurs once again for some reason. At the moment, I'm using NVE 2 (previous version) and all seems to go well. Is there a noticable difference when switching btw the two versions (NVE 2 vs NVE 3)? If there isn't, no need for me to worry with this 'problem' any more.

I'm sending you the info Info Tool generated...
crea78
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:49 am

Hi Crea78,

I could not find any issues with the infotool file you sent me. There are some improvements in NeroVision Express 3, such as some new templates, Affects, and Transitions. And SlideShow quality has improved and encoding speed up.

Not sure if any of this would cause you to want or need to upgrade from NVE2 to NVE3.

Regards

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)