Home News Reviews Forums Shop

cannot copy DVD with nero - any suggestions please

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

cannot copy DVD with nero - any suggestions please

Postby ramlin on Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:15 am

Hi,

Well, at long last I installed my new benq dw 1620 on my computer, upgraded and installed my nero to nero 6.6.0.1 (see earlier post on this issue) and can't burn a DVD! The problem, I believe is that I have one hard disk which is split into three partitions: the first partition (the C drive) is FAT 32 and is 8GB in size and has only 2GB free space (this partition is also a primary partition) - my Nero 6.6.0.1 is installed on this particular partition. The second partition (the D drive) is about 109 GB in size and is NFTS - it is a logical partion and contains only data and video files from my camcorder - and the third partition (the E Drive) is only 2GB and contains a ghost back up file. When I run Nero to copy a DVD, Nero says that I do not have enough space on my hard drive (obviously I don't have enough space in my C drive - but I have ample space in my second partition - the D drive). Consequently Nero will not burn/copy any of my DVD's - is there a work around this - if so, could someone please let me know -- many, many thanks. BTW, the disc that I experimented with has no CCS protection and is a disc that plays in all regions.
"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you. Nor will there be any future in which we shall cease to be."
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:32 pm

File -> Preferences -> Cache tab
tell it to cache files to the D drive.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby ramlin on Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:48 am

thanks dodecahedron.
"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you. Nor will there be any future in which we shall cease to be."
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:18 pm

welcome :D

so...enjoying your new toy ? :P
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby ramlin on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:38 am

so...enjoying your new toy ?

very much so, but it's early days. My first burn was a coaster - I tried to burn, on the fly, from my toshiba dvd rom. My other burns were fine (around 92% on nero cdspeed - I overburned a TEAC 8x to 12 x). It's a good drive - but as with all toys - when you have a wife, three kids (one of whom is a baby) and a dog to worry about - it is hard to find free time to play with the toy - I do have some nero issues (hence my other post - coming soon...)
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)