Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Editing DVD+RW Recorded On Liteon LVW-5005

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Editing DVD+RW Recorded On Liteon LVW-5005

Postby rckowal on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:55 pm

I sometimes record premium movies from TV using a Liteon LVW-5005 DVD STB recorder using DVD+RW's.

I have a few that I have copied to a hard drive on a PC, from the DVD+RW. Every time I try to open those files from the hard drive to edit them (using DVD Decrypter) they fail to open & I get an error message.

I have previously done this succesfully using DVD+RW's recorded on a Sanyo ?500 without any problem.

Why am I unable to get the Liteon DVD+RW's to open in DVD Decrypter? Is there a difference in these two machines that I'm unaware of?
Best regards
rckowal
Buffer Underrun

Postby Jim on Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:35 pm

I don't own a DVD set top recorder but couldn't you just put the DVD+RW in a PC DVD-ROM drive and copy the files from the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive directly? That way you can eliminate DVDecrypter from the equation.
Jim
CD-RW Player

Postby rckowal on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:01 pm

Hi Jim, Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but it doesn't work the way I need it too.

Although I was able to copy the Video_TS folder ok; it wouldn't open in DVD Shrink so I could edit it. So it's "back to the drawing board" to find a better idea.

What I'm really looking for is the preferred method(s) for capturing a movie from TV on DVD (+R/RW or -R/RW) then editing it to clean up any unwanted scenes, commercials, etc.; add an opening title then burn that to DVD +R.

I am quite familiar with using DVD Shrink to edit & burn movies to back them up from commercial DVD's. However, that software doesn't seem to work for movies that I capture from the TV. Maybe I'm missing some thing. Help will be much appreciated.
Best regards
rckowal
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers