Home News Reviews Forums Shop

I need help!!!Can't burn a cd or dvd with my cd/dvd-rw

Anything else

I need help!!!Can't burn a cd or dvd with my cd/dvd-rw

Postby yannis_arvanit on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:51 pm

my problem is a bit complicated.i have a Slimtype DVDRW SDw-431S device in my laptop.i also have nti cd/dvd maker and nero software and it all worked smoothly until one day i turned on my laptop andi could not find my cd/dvd-rw drive. i followed directions from the official microsoft support site and i erased two variables from the registry(the upper and lower filter in a class in the local machine key). when i did that i was able again to "see" my cd/dvd-rw drive but i could no longer burn anything with it with NTI nor Nero!Both show a message that no supported drive was found!i can only burn a cd with windows movie maker or i suppose any product of microsoft. when i restore my registry i can no longer "see" the cd/dvd-rw drive again.When i delete the two variables i can see it but i can only burn it with microsoft products!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE? :o
yannis_arvanit
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:25 pm

did you try reinstalling Nero ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

yeah

Postby yannis_arvanit on Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:23 pm

yeah. nothing again...i tried to install other burning softwares as well (cyberling director, pinnacle studio) but the same reply...have you ever seen anything like this again?
yannis_arvanit
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions