Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DVDInfoPro Scans - PI & PO spikes always same

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

DVDInfoPro Scans - PI & PO spikes always same

Postby falberni on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 pm

DVDInfoPro is one of my favoreds, specially since now you can scan with Pioneer drives. However, I think there is still a minor bug that needs to be fixed. My observation is that when large spikes are present, almost always the peak PI and the peak PO are the same number. What is more strange is that frequently I see the number 693 as the peak for both PI and PO on many different DVD-R media by even different manfacturers.

I'm hoping that this topic catches Nick's attention. I'm very grateful to him for this very useful tool.
falberni
Buffer Underrun

Postby spryfly on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:16 pm

Any media that spikes that high is junk.....don't use junk media and you will not have that problem. I get upset is my media spikes to 10 on PO's...... :wink:
"Why? Said the spry little fly."

Nec 3500 LD V2 B6 Quiet
Benq 1620 B7T9 Stock
Liteon 1633sx BS41 Patched for 12x DL Ripping
spryfly
CD-RW Player

Postby RJW on Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:31 am

Hmm I wouldn't judge on DVD-info pro incombination with Pioneer.
A simple transferrate tests seems to be more reliable however that is also a bit problematic on Pioneer drives since with these tests the drive seems to be much forgiveng.So you only get performance of media on that drive and not in general. (Based on some crappy infosmart disc's my Pioneer 106D could retrieve that data from withouth prolbems while most other drives had problems with it.)
RJW
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers