Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Weird Recode(NVE 3.0.1.1.8) Bug in New Version(6.6.0.5)

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Weird Recode(NVE 3.0.1.1.8) Bug in New Version(6.6.0.5)

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:49 am

just installed 6.6.0.5 and the NVE update and when I try to "remake a dvd" it shows me the Video TS and Audio TS folders.I click on the Video TS folder expecting to see the scanning the disc function(graph)and instead it shows the folder is empty.I try the "Recode Main Movie only" function and it seems to work fine.If I can't get this function to work I can't choose extras or special features seperately to put on a seperate disc.
The last Recode I used when I click't on "remake a dvd" it went straight to the contents of the DVD(main movie,special features etc..)and then I click't "add" and it scanned the movie no problem.Anyone experiencing this problem?Can you help Craig?

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:33 pm

Where is the Video_TS folder located?

Are you selecting the Source DVD or did you first use softeware such as DVD Shrink or DVD Decryptor to rip the contents first to your Hard Drive and then select the Video_TS folder?

The reason I ask is that I am not able to duplicate your issue. I have a Video_TS folder on my Hard Drive, and it's able to see all the Titles located in the Video_TS folder and I am able to select which ones I wish to add to Nero Recode.

I have the latest Nero Recode 2.2.6.4 installed.

Regards,

Craig
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:21 pm

Here's how it works.Normally,I just insert a dvd and click on "remake a dvd" and goes to what I call "the add a file window(movie)".I click on import titles and then it opens the explorer function.You browse to the drive the dvd is in and click on it.Next,it shows you the contents of the dvd(main movie,special features menus etc...).I click on the main movie file,hit add and then it proceeds to scan it with that graph.Usually takes about 50 seconds.Then it appears in the Recode window for further processing(size,subtitles,audio etc...)
I try this with the brand new update and it opens the same way but when I click on the Import titles function and I click on the drive the dvd is in and all it does is show me the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on the movie disc in the dvd-rom drive.Weird ehh?I then click on the VIDEO_TS folder(thinking this is something new in Recode) expecting it to scan through the ViDEO_TS folder and all it does is come up blank.NOTHING.NADA.ZIP.ZILCH.ZERO.
I was perplexed so I hit the "back" button and clicked on "Recode main movie to DVD" and that function worked like I normally see.Scanned and picked the main movie etc...No probs there.It even let me "Recode an entire dvd to dvd".
I don't use shrink cause I like Recode 2 much better.I always rip straight from the dvd-rom when using Recode 2,always.
I only use Decrypter for ISO stuff.
I went back to Recode 2 v2.1.1.2.0 and it works perfect(very fast).No issues.The nero 6.6.0.5 update works fine also.4 dvd burns and no problems.I thought maybe my machine but why is it working again with the old NVE install?Either NVE 3.0.1.1.8 doesn't like me or there maybe a bug or something.
I hope this description can help you some.I appreciate your response.Sorry for being long winded.
Let me know.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:55 pm

Hi NoSmartz,

I prefer long-winded. It gives me more to work with. :)

Sounds like you ether have DVD Movies that are not protected, or you have a program such as AnyDVD.

Strange that "Recode Main Movie to DVD" works where "Remake a DVD" fails.

If you do not mind, could you use DVD Shrink to Rip one DVD that shows this symptom to your Hard Drive, and see if "Remake a DVD" then works for you when you select that Video_TS folder?

And can you confirm if you are using AnyDVD or a similar program so that I can try and duplicate your issue? Once I can duplicate your issue, we can find a solution.

Best Regards

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:40 am

I am indeed using AnyDvd.I've tried both protected and non-protected movies,both have the same results.It "is" quite strange that 2 of those functions work and the one I mainly use doesn't.It's not the end of the world though.I'm confident it will be resolved.This afternoon I will reinstall NVE 30118 and rip a movie to the drive using shrink or another app then try to use the "remake a Dvd" function and I'll go directly to the "VIDEO_ TS" folder where the rip't item is and see if it recognizes it.Ill let you know within the day.Thanx for hangin in there.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi NoSmartz,

I just downloaded the latest AnyDVD 4.5.5.1, and imported the Title from 3 different Protected DVD Sources without any errors or problems, and this is using the 'Remake a DVD' option in Nero Recode 2.2.6.4 which is the latest from our website.

I can not find any problems in our software, in regards to your issue, and I can not think of any reason why you can import the title using any of the other options in Nero Recode, but not when selecting 'Remake a DVD'.

Do you have another computer to test on?

I assume you have uninstalled and reinstalled using the Nero CLean tool to make sure this is not due to a faulty installation?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:21 am

Well Craig,Same results.I tried both types of discs and the same results.Everything worked with "recode entire dvd to dvd" and "Recode main movie to dvd".Rip't a title to video_ts folder and explored to it with "remake a dvd" and Zero.Did both types of discs to the HD with the newest Recode with no probs but "remake a dvd".
I unistalled the first time completely then used clean tool the first time last week and the same reuslts.I don't have another PC.
Maybe it's an AnyDvd issue or my PC has issues with the update.Went back to 2.1.1.20 and perfection.No hassles.I guess I'll wait on an NVE update in the future and see what comes of it.

Thanx

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:36 pm

I doubt AnyDVD is a conflict, as it would have the same issue on my systems.

And the fact that downgrading the software resolves your issue would seem to indicate the problem is in our software.

But that does not explain why I am not able to duplicate the issue. There must be a third party software or driver that we are missing, that is a possible catalyst for this issue.

Anyone else out there using Nero Recode 2.2.6.4 who is able to duplicate this issue when using the 'Remake a DVD' option in Nero Recode 2?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:17 am

maybe it's a driver missing in my PC.I know someone who has installed the same update last week or whenever it came out and there's is fine,no sweat at all.I stuck a movie in and it worked with AnyDvd on there PC.It's definately an issue with my PC.Next update I'll totally CleanTool everything again or I might even try installing NVE 30118 over the top of the older NVE 2 and it might grab the driver I need,who knows,might work. :o

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby TheOverClocker on Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:23 am

Nero released a 6.6.0.6 version after the 05 version try that and see what happens
TheOverClocker
CD-RW Thug

Postby Steve335 on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:05 pm

I have the same problem as NoSmartz with 'Remake a DVD' option in Nero Recode 2.2.6.9. (latest version). However, the strange thing is that sometimes if I click on 'Remake a DVD' Nero Recode can see the VOB files, at other times if I click on 'Remake a DVD' Nero Recode cannot see the VOB files on my HDD or on the DVD+RW disc.
Steve335
Buffer Underrun

same problem:

Postby odinson on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 pm

Apparently no contents to VIDEO_TS folder when using the "Remake a DVD" option (other options work fine).

Was using Nero Recode 2 v.2.2.6.4...just updated to 2.2.6.9 and the Remake option still won't show the files correctly. :(
odinson
Buffer Underrun

Postby debruce on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:12 am

I also have exactly the same problem as others here. Recode works fine except for the remake a DVD feature. That shows nothing to select. I am using the latest version. I never used recode before, always used DVD Shrink but decided to try recode. So, it seems that several people have this issue pointing to some problem with the Nero code.
debruce
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:14 pm

I'm going to generate a bug report on this issue, could those who have this issue please send me an Email with your system information? Just use the Nero InfoTool to generate such a file and send to me at techsupport4@nero.com

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby UCI_MECH on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:04 pm

CCampbell wrote:Anyone else out there using Nero Recode 2.2.6.4 who is able to duplicate this issue when using the 'Remake a DVD' option in Nero Recode 2?

Same problem here with recode 2.2.6.9. I didn't have this problem with the previous version (i.e. NeroVision v2).
UCI_MECH
Buffer Underrun

STILL not fixed!

Postby odinson on Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:33 am

Recode 2.2.6.11, same problem...
odinson
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Good news, we've finally found a system in our QA lab where we can duplicate this issue, finally. =D>

Hopefully, the fix will be a quick and easy one now that we are able to duplicate the issue.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby aaron10 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:08 am

Craig,

Have you figured out a workaround for this? I have the same problem and have seen comments posted on other boards suggesting the problem is failry common.

My best...

Aaron
aaron10
Buffer Underrun

Postby Steve335 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:47 am

I have installed the latest version of NeroVisionExpress, i.e. 3.1.0.0d, and when clicking on "Remake DVD" in Recode and then clicking on "Import", I still have the problem of Recode not seeing the VOB files on the disc. Hasn't this bug been fixed yet ?

Also, when will the feature of converting DVD files, as well as the DVD menu, between NTSC and PAL be added to Recode ? This feature was requested a long time ago.

Thanks.
Steve335
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi Steve335,

Yes, we were hoping this build would resolve this issue of Nero Recode not detecting content in the Video_TS folder on some systems. :-(

Anyone else who has this problem try the latest release we posted 2 days back and find that it fails to resolve the issue for them as well?

THe one system we were able to duplicate this issue on, does have this issue resolved with this latest upgrade.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:21 pm

CCampbell wrote:Anyone else who has this problem try the latest release we posted 2 days back and find that it fails to resolve the issue for them as well?

My girlfriend is having the exact same problem with 3.1.0.0d with Recode. She's also using Anydvd and Windows XP pro (with all the latest updates).
Either she gets the famous VOB error message or the program just crashes while initially scanning the disc. She just bought Nero Ultra 6.6 today as well and is somewhat disappointed. I'm wondering if this is another serial key issue . . .

She sent in a support form request.

I saw the same problem duplicated on another system as well.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:38 am

Webslinger wrote:I'm wondering if this is another serial key issue . . .

Well, it's not a serial key issue. It's a definite bug in Nero Recode (or a conflict of some sort with Anydvd or another program).
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Steve335 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:53 am

I don't have AnyDVD installed on my Windows XP SP2 computer so it's a bug in Recode.

I tried to import a VOB file again using "Remake a DVD" option and this time Recode surprisingly detected the VOB file and began to analyse it but after about 30 seconds it displayed an error message "Recode encountered an error" and then froze.

At other times Recode can't detect any VOB files when using the "Remake a DVD" option.
Steve335
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:14 am

Steve335 wrote:At other times Recode can't detect any VOB files when using the "Remake a DVD" option.

Yep. Even when Recode is able to begin importing, during the preview, there's a green line going through the video (until Recode encounters an error).
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:17 pm

Oddly enough, I just discovered the same problem on my system. Nero Recode can't import anything on my Lite-on dvd rom drive (JLMS XJ-HD 166S). However (and this is the reason I never noticed), I can import
dvds perfectly fine on my Plextor PX-716A drive.

When I use my Lite-on dvd-rom drive, I get the exact same problem everyone else has: I can't import anything.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Next

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)