Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Cleaning up Nero&Roxio mess?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Cleaning up Nero&Roxio mess?

Postby binba2 on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:38 am

Preface
I'm going through a via dolorosa getting my computer (I wouldn't even say drive, because I already changed it) to burn DVD+RWs. I won't elaborate about the problem in here (off-topic), but since the only relevant options I believe I have left are trying a 3rd drive and formatting Windows, I'd give a go to that:

The relevant part
I saw someone writing that Roxio and Nero don't love well together. I've had Nero 6 and EzCD 5 with DirectCD, and uninstalled the Roxio package.
Is there anything else I should do in order to be totally sure no Roxio remains are scattered around my system?

Could that at all be the cause of DVD+RW burning problems? (such as KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST and KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
binba2
Buffer Underrun

Postby MediumRare on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 am

Yes, this could definitely cause problems.

Have a look at InCD troubleshooting under WinXP, especially topic S11. Unfortunately, KCK is not active on the board anymore, but there's a lot of useful information in that article.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:50 pm

You should also find that both Nero and Roxio have utilities to clean the system of their programs.

Also, we have provided a tool to remove drivers left behind by the Roxio UDF reader driver.

In most cases Nero and CD Creator do not have trouble working on the same system. It's just the DirectCD and it's UDF Reader drivers that have conflicts with InCD.

YOu can use the below link to obtain a tool to remove said UDF drivers.

http://www.nero.com/en/Roxio_UDF_Reader_Control.html

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Results

Postby binba2 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks for the help. I did not find any significant Roxio remains, but nevertheless uninstalled all burning software, searched through the registry, and cleared the LowerLevel and UpperLevel filter drivers.
I think that it helped: I'm still not getting perfect results, which may indicate that more factors are involved, but today I managed to fully erase a DVD+RW and successfully burn one, for the first time.
binba2
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)