Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Any way to convert avi (DivX) to DVD with Nero?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Any way to convert avi (DivX) to DVD with Nero?

Postby diskdocx on Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:30 am

I've downloaded some old tv episodes in DivX format that I would like to watch on my computer. I generally use Ulead Movie Factory and they convert just fine.

Unfortunately one particular 'group' will not convert - there is never any sound generated, although the original avi plays fine.

If I use Nero, I can convert to VCD with sound, but poor quality. The files are just too big to fit on an SVCD.

So I was hoping there was some way of converting to burn to DVD with Nero?

Or any suggestions why Ulead won't convert these files with sound?
diskdocx
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:10 am

If you have NeroVision Express, you can take DivX content and create a DVD-Video from it, or export to another format.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby diskdocx on Mon May 02, 2005 10:13 pm

Thank-you. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Interestingly, it is easier to convert avi to dvd with NeroVision Express than it was using DVD Movie Factory. Interface is much more intuitive, and I think the quality of the DVD produced seems better, not to mention faster than with Movie Factory.

Thanks for the tip.

Only question, when loading the divx file I always get a message saying MPEG-4 Decoding not available, and I need the retail version of Nero, but I have the latest version, licensed copy?
diskdocx
Buffer Underrun

Postby AirTimid on Tue May 03, 2005 9:28 am

you can also try DivXtoDVD . Do a search on google. I tried it last night and it seemed to work fine and the best part about it is that it's free!! It's also super easy to use.
AirTimid
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)