Home News Reviews Forums Shop

some recommendations for CPU cooling

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

some recommendations for CPU cooling

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:24 pm

OK my computer is starting to give me trouble - self reboots etc.
looks like i'll have to invest some money in it, improve the cooling, replace the lousy heatsink-fan unit i've got.

any recommendations?
yeah, i know Socket-A is old and most you guys with AMD systems have an Athlon 64 CPU, but still...

right now i'm thinking of the Thermalright SI-97.
http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main ... t_si97.htm
read a few reviews, seems to be one of the better ones for Socket-A.

what's is the current king of CPU-Heatsink thermal compounds?
Arctic Silver 5 ?
Arctic Silver Ceramique ?
Arctic Silver Alumina ?

TIA.
more questions to follow... :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby eric93se on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:19 pm

Actually if you were just to upgrade to Arctic silver 5 might do the trick. Chances are you current cpu is has one of those small 'pads' that does the heat transfer, so if you clean all the old stuff off (rubbing alcohol + q-tips) and apply a thin film of the arctic silver you should be good to go. Unless you know that your cpu fan is having problems.
Benq DW-1640
ASUS 1608P2 >> Crossflashed to Pioneer 110 -> RAM+Bitsetting+removed riplock+RPC1 :D

Boost Mobile stole my minutes, then would rather loose me as a customer than give back my minutes (thieves).
eric93se
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Not trying to go off topic, but you know, one question leads to another.. Do you think you have enough air moving through the case so the heatsink can do the job? You didn't mention what the room temps are where you keep the computer...
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Before upgrading to that fancy cooler, let's look at some other possibilities like augmenting air flow.

How many auxiliary, chassis fans do you have now? Where is each one mounted, front or back? Which way does each one function, as exhaust or intake? Do you have opportunities for installing more?

I wouldn't expect substituting any one of the three compounds listed with any of the others to make a measureable difference.

Slim

BM, we just doubled and you are not off topic as you are going in the same direction as I.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:03 am

well, here goes.

i have a crappy case, it's a mid-tower but a small one.
it's short (depth-wise) and narrow, so short in fact that the motherboard is "blocking" the 2 lower (out of 4) drive bays and only 2 are usable. if you slide a drive into one of the lower bays it hits the mobo when it's halfway in!!
i have 1 intake fan in the front and 1 exhaust fan in the back (80mm).
and of course a fan in the PS.
another consequence of the short+narrow case is that the gap between hard drives and AGP card is small, preventing good airflow from the intake fan to the CPU and rear of the case.

most of the time the computer runs with the side panel off.

i haven't done extensive testing, but the computer runs a bit cooler (1-2 degrees C) with the side panel off (even though i've read sometimes it's better to close it because that improves the airflow in the case).

when i started having these reboots i noticed that the CPU temp is reaching 78-80 degrees C !! :o
so i removed all fans (CPU + case x2) and cleanded them all up from dust. helped a little.

right now i have a fan (regular fan meant for people) throwing air on the computer :o #-o , the temps are most of the time 62-66 C.
i've disabled both case fans since they made no difference temperature-wise (with the side panel off), only made more noise.

the heatsink and fan are absolute crap. the computer was built by a large system-integrator for the Univ where i work. so (parts of it at least) are the most generic crap you can imagine - like the case, PSU, heatsink+fan unit.

the CPU is Athlon Thunderbird 1400 mhz BTW (not even AthlonXP!) , a hot chip (used to be one of the hottest chips, but now with the hot P4s of late maybe it's not considered very hot anymore)

BTW the heatsink has thermal paste on it right now, not a pad. however i'm sure it's the simplest stuff available, and i was thinking of buying one of the Arctic Silver products (not switching from one to another from those 3). i was just wondering which is considered the best now.

i'm thinking of doing some upgrading, money is tight. but i'm thinking of a new case, and maybe upgrading a CPU (mobile AthlonXP 2600+ which isn't so expensive now that Athlon 64 has become mainstream, and it can overclock well). and maybe another stick of 512MB - right now i have 2x 256MB of PC2100, to bring up to 1GB.

i have a new Antec PS but are'nt using it yet since it will probably be tight in the case with all those cables! maybe i'll try...

a really nice upgrade (Athlon 64 + mobo + fast memory) is too costly, that would mean also a new mobo and new memory too (i see no point in buying an Athlon64 or P4 and runnng it on 512MB of PC2100 memory).

so a good socket A heatsink would be useful in any case, whether i upgrade the case and/or the CPU. even if i don't upgrade a good heatsink would improve the situation i have right now.
Attachments
computer.jpg
here is my computer Ancalagon.
not a very pretty sight, is it ?
at the top right is my BenQ DW1620, above it is the Plextor 40x CDRW (not visible in photo)
alas no space for my Toshiba DVD-ROM :(
computer.jpg (225.08 KiB) Viewed 6624 times
Last edited by dodecahedron on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:19 am

A new case, definitely! 8)
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:39 pm

OK, that's more than enough info for me. Kind of discouraging actually. Now that I see what you have, most of my typical recommendations won't apply. Anyway,

1. It generally is true that it is better to leave the door on, but for your geometry, the video cards seems to be a major impediment to fore to aft air flow.

2. The usual advice, by others (not me), to go to round cables won't help. Your flat IDE cables are up and out of the way of the flow path.

3. You are maxed on fans so unless the hard drive cage is like on some Antecs, SX830 for example, where an 80mm fan can be installed in the cage just in front of the drives, so much for that.

4. Do the origin, you probably have no idea what the air flow performance is of your existing fans. (Note that Antec fans ususally come with such info as how many cubic feet per minute they move.) Then it is only a guess to replace them with fans that move more air.

Now with that non-help being typed, perhaps you could try one more thing do you have or can get a thermometer like air conditioning techs use? If so, can you run something that puts a load on for enough time, maybe 10 minutes or more for the temps to stabilize, video editing would do?

Then measure the air temperature at the inlet to the front fan and then at the outlet of the rear fan (chassis not PSU) with door or cover on.

My rule of thumb: If the temp difference is less than 5 deg C, you have enough air flow, more air probably won't help enough. 10 deg C difference or more, I'd try for more or higher capacity fans, but you are limited there.

Only reasonable things left:
1. A new case like an Antec SX830, where you can stick in about 4 fans, or,
2. A new CPU cooler like the one you linked to or a Zalman flower type.
3. Some cut a round hole in the door and glue a round tube, like from your toilet paper :lol: , to the door with the other end right at the CPU fan inlet, or face thereof. This allows the CPU fan to draw, unheated air right into the CPU heat spreader.

Slim
Over and out.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Sun May 01, 2005 9:59 am

Adding to Slim's comments-

I never used the SI-97 heatsink but the price seems high. Might consider it though if I had a case with a window. As far as bang for the buck, I've been happy with GlacialTech's line of coolers. The model 2510 should take care of the athlon 2600. It works fine on my Barton 2500 that's over clocked to 3200. You could apply any savings that you have to a chipset fan. Or better yet, a pci slot blower to get more negative air pressure in your case. Antec's 77094 has some decent reviews.

As far as thermal paste goes, I haven't used any that you mentioned. The Arctic Silver 3 has served well in the past, hopefully the Silver 5 is better.

After seeing your pic, something doesn't seem right. Even though air flow could be much better I'm wondering if the heat sink paste crapped out or if the fan is slowing down. Assuming the reboots are a recent occurrence what might have changed? Ambient air temps, new hardware?

PS. Slim, If I realized BigMonkey (my chocolate labs nickname) abbreviated to BM I might have chosen differently :lol:
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby CowboySlim on Sun May 01, 2005 11:34 am

10-4, BM. Is it from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Sun May 01, 2005 6:50 pm

you should go for this heatsink, it works for socket a

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/vie ... 7&code=005

i use the 120mm version of this for my socket 939 mobo and it cools the best

and even on high fan speed rotation it hardly makes a sound
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Mon May 02, 2005 11:20 am

I have used Thermalright, and they are great. I had the SLK-800, and it was a really good sink. It's still in a parent's system, cooling an Athlon XP-M 2500+ clocked at 2.3GHz, and doing so quite well (especially when you consider that the AOpen case it's in has a cut-out for an intake fan, and no rear fan mounts, power supply is the only exhaust).

Swiftech's MCX462-V is another good setup to look at, I'm currently using their Socket 939 model which is similar, and am very happy with them.

Because you have the mounting holes on your mainboard (not everyone does), I'd also look at the Alpha PAL-8045. The screw-mount method does a much better job at keeping a large heavy Socket-A heatsink secure.

Finally, check the power supply in that case. Spontaneous reboots can also be a sign of a failing power supply or one that's being hit too hard by your system. A brand name unit like the Fortron BlueStorm, or an Enermax Noisetaker can make a big difference.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Tue May 03, 2005 5:02 am

With heat sinks and fans costing anywhere from $10 to $50, what do you guys look for when you're buying?

How about the latest Arctic products.. Is there any real performance gain or is it just marketing hype?

Thanks
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby AirTimid on Tue May 03, 2005 8:57 am

Arctic Silver 5 is probably the best and most widely used thermal compound. It actually makes a difference, and there are plenty of reviews out there that back it up. As for heatsink in fan, I think everything depends on what you're looking for. There are also a lot of reviews, but from everything i've read, things can be summed up into 2 groups of users.
Group 1 - Performance and ultimate air cooling, regardless of noise
Group 2 - Low noise with adequate cooling

I went with the Zalman 7000 which is known for it's quietness and fairly good cooling. I'm not a huge overclocker so this was a perfect choice for me.
AirTimid
Buffer Underrun

Postby LoneWolf on Tue May 03, 2005 9:17 am

BigMonkey wrote:With heat sinks and fans costing anywhere from $10 to $50, what do you guys look for when you're buying?

How about the latest Arctic products.. Is there any real performance gain or is it just marketing hype?

Thanks

I'm pretty picky about heatsinks. You want to look not just at cooling design, but at weight and mounting mechanisms too, as well as the size of fan you can mount (larger fans deliver equal or more air volume with lower noise than smaller ones). A heatsink may cool great, but if its weight might cause it to tear the clips off your CPU socket, you want to make sure it has a solid mounting mechanism. You also want to be able to use a fan that does a good job without sounding like a banshee (i.e., much of Thermaltake's stuff with included fans) unless you're already deaf of course. I've found Thermalright, Swiftech, and Alpha to be among the best.

Zalman is good if you want quiet; they are engineered for it. Some Zalman coolers do sacrifice temperature for low noise though, so choose the right model. Also determine how much clearance you have around your CPU socket; some coolers are just too darn big to fit on some system boards. Finally, Arctic Silver's thermal compounds are pretty darn good. There was a time when I didn't feel they were necessary, but with newer, hotter CPU's they're a real plus. Arctic Silver Ceramique is inexpensive and non-conducting, making it great for almost anybody. Arctic Silver 5 supposedly does a slightly better job, but you need to be a little careful applying it as it's slightly capacitive; also it's more expensive. Many people use AS5 on CPU's and GPU's, and Ceramique when fixing coolers to things like graphics card RAM or motherboard VRM's.
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Thu May 05, 2005 5:04 am

Thanks for the tips, guys. :)

When you apply the thermal paste how do you determine how much to apply? I've started using/experimenting with a single edge razor to spread and drag off the excess until I can almost see the text on top of the processor. Do you think that's to thin? I haven't had any problems yet but I'm wondering if long term drying/shrinking might be a problem.
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dodecahedron on Thu May 05, 2005 5:05 am

i've read somewhere that you can 'raze' off the excess paste with a credit card. though a razor is probably better - it's cleaner.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby LoneWolf on Thu May 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Arctic's advice depends on whether you have a flip-chip CPU (AthlonXP, Pentium 3 Coppermine) or a heatspreader model (Athlon 64, Pentium 4, P3 Tualatin).

With a flip-chip, you use the razor trick. With the heatspreader models, they advice putting a dab the size of a BB or so on the center of the heatspreader, then tightening the heatsink/fan down on it. The compression should spread out the thermal compound where it needs to go (mainly the center of the heatspreader where the CPU die really is). I think this method is better, after experiencing what happens when you use the credit card method: with heatspreader CPU's even a thin full layer becomes almost like a glue. I haven't managed to get the heatsink off my Athlon64 CPU without pulling it from its socket, even though the lever is in lock position, and I've been extremely careful.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu May 05, 2005 7:11 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Kind of discouraging actually.
hehe :o :cry: #-o

i had been contemplating an upgrade to a mobile Athlon XP, but after reading a bit (anandtech forums) i discovered that my mobo (Asus A7N8X type) isn't good for it. i won't be oc'ing by FSB because of the memory (Kingston ValueRAM PC2100), and you need to do some modding (the wire trick on the CPU pins) to be able to get at the high multipliers. i would love to do that but i haven't the time and also this is my only computer ... :o

i'm now leaning towards spending some money on case+cooling. my sights are on the Antec P160 case, the Thermalright SI-97 heatsink and a few good fans (heatsink, another for the case).

@BigMonkey: i looked around a bit (newegg etc., pricegrabber): couldn't find GalcialTech. anyway i want a really good cooling setup so i'll try to overclock my Athlon Thunderbird a bit, squeeze a little more out of it till i upgrade.
@hox: i don't like the Zalman so much. also i want to be able to put a stronger fan and the Zalman is a 'everything or nothing' deal.
@LoneWolf: i checked out the Swiftech and Alpha models you mentioned. i remember these 2 names were very big in the Athlon XP days. well they cost more or less the same as the Thermalright, a little more actually i think. and i couldn't find reviews that directly compare them. the Alpha 8045 an 80mm fan i'd prefer 92 for low noise. i'm sick of my noisy computer. i think i like the thermalright better. moreover since all of these 3 are not to be found in Isael i'll have to ship them myself and the Alpha and Swiftech are heavier = more costly shipping. also the Thermalright is less likely to cause installation problems around the socket.

after a bit more browsing i find AeroCool interesting too. some good reviews at viperlair.
http://www.aerocool.us/cooler/ht101.htm
what i like about it (apart from being an excellent cooler) is that it's good for socket A and for Athlon64 and Pentium4 478 too!
i'm not familiar with AeroCool. are they OK ?
this Thermaltake too:
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/4in1 ... -p0114.htm
i think i'm getting carried away here :lol:

incidentally, last night i had another reboot. chekcing C:\Windows\Minidump, i saw that there were two more in the last 48 hours.

i had at first thought that the reboots were because of a hot CPU. i noticed that the CPU was reaching 78-80 C! there were no hardware or software changes to the system. just the weather getting warmer (spring) so i thought that's it.

but for the last 2 weeks or so with the floor fan throwing cold air on the computer, it's nealy constant at 60-62C idle, 68-70 load. so i'm starting to think maybe LoneWolf is right, maybe it's the PSU.
i think i'll try and see if and see if i can manage to cram my Antec TruePower 480, still sitting nicely in it's box, into that case of mine (where the hell will all those cables go ???).
here's the MBM5 log from just before the last reboot. what do you guys think?
Code: Select all
+---------------+---------------+----------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------
|               |               |          | Case       | CPU Socket | Core 0     | Core 1     | +3.3       | +5.00      | +12.00     | -12.00     | -5.00  |
+---------------+---------------+----------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------
| 05.05.2005    | 03:05:38      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:58:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.84 V     | 1.84 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:57:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:56:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:55:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:54:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:53:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:52:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:51:59      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:50:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:49:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:48:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:47:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.86 V     | 1.84 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:46:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:45:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:44:59      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:43:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:42:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:41:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:40:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:39:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:38:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:37:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:36:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:35:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:34:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:33:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:32:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:31:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:30:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:29:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:28:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 68° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:27:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:26:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:25:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:24:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:23:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:22:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.87 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:21:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:20:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:19:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:18:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:17:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:16:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:15:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:14:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:13:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:12:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:11:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:10:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:09:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:08:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:07:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0
| 05.05.2005    | 02:06:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:05:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:04:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:03:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:02:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:01:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 02:00:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:59:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:58:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:57:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:56:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:55:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:54:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.76 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:53:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:52:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:51:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:50:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:49:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:48:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:47:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:46:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:45:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:44:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:43:58      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:44:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:43:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:42:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:41:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:40:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:39:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:38:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:37:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:36:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:35:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:34:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:33:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:32:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:31:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:30:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:29:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:28:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.79 V     | 1.79 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:27:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:26:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:25:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:24:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:23:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:22:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:21:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:20:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:19:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:18:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:17:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.46 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:16:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:15:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:14:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.84 V     | 1.84 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:13:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:12:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:11:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:10:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:09:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:08:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:07:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:06:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:05:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:04:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:03:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:02:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:01:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 01:00:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:59:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 66° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:58:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:57:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:56:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:55:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:54:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:53:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:52:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:51:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:50:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:49:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:48:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.81 V     | 12.34 V    | -12.89 V   | -5.41 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:47:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:46:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:45:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.40 V    | -12.96 V   | -5.44 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:44:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.87 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:43:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:42:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:41:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:40:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.84 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.78 V     | 12.46 V    | -13.02 V   | -5.46 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:39:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:38:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:37:02      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:36:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:35:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:34:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:33:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.26 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:32:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:31:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:30:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:29:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:28:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.34 V     | 4.87 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:27:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:26:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:25:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 58° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.87 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:24:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:23:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:22:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:21:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:20:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:19:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 58° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:18:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:17:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:16:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:15:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:14:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:13:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:12:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:11:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:10:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:09:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.33 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:08:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.87 V     | 12.22 V    | -12.77 V   | -5.36 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:07:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:06:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.28 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:05:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.30 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:04:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.34 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:03:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 64° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:02:01      | 1396 MHz | 17° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.82 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:01:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 62° C      | 1.82 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |
| 05.05.2005    | 00:00:01      | 1396 MHz | 18° C      | 60° C      | 1.81 V     | 1.81 V     | 3.31 V     | 4.84 V     | 12.28 V    | -12.83 V   | -5.38 V    | 0 |

could it be a surge on the -12v that did it ?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Mon May 09, 2005 9:53 am

OK an update.

i decided that maybe indeed a PSU replacement is in order.
i have a brand new Antec TruePower 480W power supply. i didn't put it in the computer till now since it has lots of cables and that case of mine is cramped already, but i said i'll give it a try.
the results in the pic below. i did a pretty good job of shoving all those extra cables i've no use for to the space under the DVD.

<off topic>
incidentally, i nearly fried my CPU.
the computer had been off overnight, so i turned the floor fan (the one throwing air on the computer) off and forgot to turn it on again. and after the PSU replacement and power-up, the CPU fan didn't turn (it does this sometimes...one of the reasons i don't generally bother turning the computer off).
after the PSU installation i checked the mobo manual and messed around with some jumpers, and accidentally cleared the CMOS. so after powerup i was checking the BIOS and making adjustments. when i got to the harware section the CPU tem was 88 C !!! :o LOL

<on topic again>
after replacing the PSU i was still getting reboots, random lockups, blue screens !!!
it was worse than with the older shitty PS!!! :evil: and they were with a (relatively) cool CPU - around 60-70 degrees, it wasn't because of an overheated CPU. i thought maybe the new PS is at fault.

well a couple of days later it seems to be OK. can it be that a new PS needs some time to "settle down" ?
well, the computer is a little more quiet now :)
i think also the CPU temp is down a bit, maybe 2 degrees C. perhaps because the new PS has an intake fan pulling air from below, maybe it's pulling hot air away from the CPU's heatsink.

by the way, the new PS is better than the old one on the +3.3, +5, -5, -12 voltages, but on the +12 it's worse - it's more or less constant at 11.43-11.49 volts. the old was was closer to 12.
is this bad? how far from 12v is it OK to be?
according to the manual (if i'm reading it right), the regulation on the +12v is +/- 3% which translates to 11.64-12.36 volts. does this mean the PS is faulty? or maybe Motherboard Monitor monitoring of voltages is'nt accurate?
is there a more accurate way to measure the PSU's 12v ?

BTW
can a bad HD be causing such symptoms - lockups, spontaneous reboots, occasional blue-screens?
i'm starting to think maybe the main HD is causing trouble.
it's a 40GB IBM 60GXP - that's right the DeathStar!
over 3 1/2 years and so far not a single problem with it, but i'm not sure... for a while now i've thought i might be hearing clicks from it...well i know i'm hearing clicks but i'm not sure if they're from this HD... #-o
Attachments
computerwithnewPS.jpg
computerwithnewPS.jpg (202.62 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CowboySlim on Mon May 09, 2005 11:52 am

dode,

It looks like that Antec PSU is blowing hot air right back at the motherboard.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Mon May 09, 2005 3:45 pm

CowboySlim wrote:It looks like that Antec PSU is blowing hot air right back at the motherboard.

???
the fan on the under-side of the PS is an intake fan (sucking air up and away from the CPU area). the fan on the rear (of the computer) is an exhaust fan.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CowboySlim on Mon May 09, 2005 10:28 pm

Roger that. 10-4.

I don't see anything in all that data that jumps out at me.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Tue May 10, 2005 11:00 am

Dodec, I was just looking and I'm curious about one more thing...What kind of graphics card is that? The fan looks like a tacked-on older CPU heatsink/fan, like a replacement for one that failed. Getting a better cooling solution for your graphics card might also help some, but I'd need to know what you have.

Finally, one last thing to do. ASUS only put a passive heatsink on the NForce2 northbridge chip for the A7N8X, one of several weaknesses on ASUS Socket A mainboards (the other being not having the additional 4-pin 12v power supply connector that many other manufacturers added for stability). It could be that it isn't dissipating heat well due to poor contact with the heatsink and the northbridge, or due to no fan cooling it. There are several replacements that you could use which would help; be sure to use Arctic Silver Ceramique or something like that for thermal compound to match. Or, you could just take the heatsink off, clean it and the chipset, and apply better thermal compount and put the heatsink back on.

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-20.html (admittedly, if I was going to pay this price, I'd just switch mainboards to something like the MSI K7N2 Delta Platinum if I was still going Socket A, which would also work well with the mobile Athlon XP; but if I was switching mainboards, I'd change a lot more and go Socket 754 or 939).

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-30.html
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Tue May 10, 2005 3:10 pm

LoneWolf wrote:What kind of graphics card is that? The fan looks like a tacked-on older CPU heatsink/fan, like a replacement for one that failed. Getting a better cooling solution for your graphics card might also help some, but I'd need to know what you have.

you have a sharp eye.
the card is an Asus V7700 Deluxe - that's a Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS. one of the best cards in it's day...
you're right, the fan crapped out and that stupid company that build and serviced the computer "fixed" it by gutting the fan and "attaching" a new one on top of the original fan's cage...couldn't find a fan they could attach directly to the PCB. not a good thing i guess - no contact between the GPU and the fan.

do you think that could be causing reboots and crashes? i wouldn't have thought so.

LoneWolf wrote:ASUS only put a passive heatsink on the NForce2 northbridge chip for the A7N8X, one of several weaknesses on ASUS Socket A mainboards (the other being not having the additional 4-pin 12v power supply connector that many other manufacturers added for stability). It could be that it isn't dissipating heat well due to poor contact with the heatsink and the northbridge, or due to no fan cooling it. There are several replacements that you could use which would help; be sure to use Arctic Silver Ceramique or something like that for thermal compound to match. Or, you could just take the heatsink off, clean it and the chipset, and apply better thermal compount and put the heatsink back on.

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-20.html (admittedly, if I was going to pay this price, I'd just switch mainboards to something like the MSI K7N2 Delta Platinum if I was still going Socket A, which would also work well with the mobile Athlon XP; but if I was switching mainboards, I'd change a lot more and go Socket 754 or 939).

yeah, that's more money than i want to spend on a northbridge cooler. i too would just go for a socket 939. but then a new CPU and memory...money!
anyway i don't think that's the problem. the 'case' temperature Motherboard Monitor is reporting is 19 Celsius, though i admit i don't know exactly what temperture that is. anyway the floor-fan is throwing air at the open case so i don't think the northbridnge is overheated. maybe it can't be seen in the pic but that heatsink is pretty big - the fins are about an inch tall. and it's barely warm to the touch.

by the way why do you suggest AS Ceramique and not AS5 for the NB heatsink? when i buy AS5 for the CPU i might use some for the NB.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby LoneWolf on Wed May 11, 2005 12:11 pm

dodecahedron wrote:by the way why do you suggest AS Ceramique and not AS5 for the NB heatsink? when i buy AS5 for the CPU i might use some for the NB.

Mainly because Ceramique is non-conductive and non-capacitative. AS5 is non-conductive, but is capacitative, so you need to be slightly more careful with it, you don't want to bridge any contact points by accident.

The graphics card would only be causing reboots and crashes if the GPU was getting too hot, or the drivers were borked. Stranger things have happened though...I've seen a Voodoo3 2000 card actually melt some of the plastic BGA package of its GPU, and this was a card that was supposed to come with just a passive heatsink. I had to gently pry off the heatsink (epoxied to the card, poor heatsink contact, but strong bond) sand off the excess epoxy, and then glue a heatsink/fan to the card for the friend I did the work for, which solved the instability problems he was experiencing at the time. Some of the earlier stuff (TNT, Voodoo Banshee/Voodoo 3, Geforce) ran extremely hot. The most important part is that the heatsink is actually making good contact with the GPU, and not a 1-2mm thick glob of thermal epoxy holding the heatsink in place. That, and that the fan is spinning the way it should (older 486/Pentium I class fans often have a limited lifespan).
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to General Hardware Discussion