Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Backitup only restoring folders and not restoring files

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Backitup only restoring folders and not restoring files

Postby wesman on Tue May 10, 2005 4:02 pm

When I perform a restore nero backitup only restores the file structure without actually restoring the files.

If I browse the backitup backup folder I can see all the files and access them; but they are all using the short file name.

So it appears that I have the files but the restore process is failing to copy the actual files.

When I complete the restore it says that it is a success.

Any ideas?

Backitup version: 1.2.01
wesman
Buffer Underrun

Fat32 vs NTFS the problem?

Postby wesman on Wed May 11, 2005 1:19 pm

The files I backed up where backed up from a fat 32 drive to a ntfs drive. I'm now trying to transfer them from the ntsf to the new ntsf; could this be causing the problem?

Thanks..
Wes Ed
wesman
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu May 12, 2005 2:27 pm

It should not, but let me know your results. Based on your findings, I'll generate a Report for our QA to try and duplicate if you find this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

no resolution yet...

Postby wesman on Thu May 12, 2005 11:41 pm

I've tinkered around with uninstalling and reinstalling; no luck. I tried restoring from the external drive to the external drive; same deal.

Can any other programs restore nero backup nbi files?
Wes Ed
wesman
Buffer Underrun

I have the same problem!!

Postby Binji7 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:44 pm

When I burn a full backup of three folders to DVD+R, all the data is there the first time. When I run the next full backup, the status says its complete, but new files are not on the DVD+R and the old ones that were there before are not overwrittn eith a new date code. When I try to do a restore, all files restores fail, but the directories are re-created.

I was expecting to be able to restore files from ANY backup I made, but I can only see one set of files, and I can't even restore that!

This is very frustrating as three weks of full/differential backups went by before I needed to do a restore of a file that isn't there!!!! :(

All backups were done to one DVD+R disc. Tried a new one and created a new job, and the same thing happened.

I running Nero BackItUp 1.2.0.43 on a Win2000 machine with AMD 1500XP and 512MB Ram.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Binji7
Buffer Underrun

Still having problem but made some progress

Postby wesman on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:36 pm

I uninstalled backitup and nero and installed a newer version. This enabled me to restore the files and folders instead of just the folders.

I am still having a problem restoring a couple folders of files; not sure why; something to do with the long file names.

I checked the box that shortened the names of files and folders; I wouldn't recommend this; I'm not sure why the feature is even there.

I emailed nero support; they were slow to help but helped.

Wes
Wes Ed
wesman
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)