Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Putting Xvids onto DVD - VTS?

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Putting Xvids onto DVD - VTS?

Postby axelrod on Tue May 24, 2005 1:52 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to translate a tv series I have in xvid format to dvd. I've downloaded a bunch of programs but none of them seem to be working. Basically, I want to be able to use Dvd Architect, drag them in and create a DVD with a menu. This has been simple with any other format, but xvid isn't supported.

I've downloaded and tried using the following:

dvdSanta -- bad results
WinAvi - horrible encoding
VSO - DivxtoDvd - this seems to work pretty well with good encoding, but it ultimatly gives me VIDEO_TS files and VTS Files. Okay, I'm not sure how to use these in Dvd Architect. I can drag in a VTS file, but what do I do when DivxtoDvd seperates into two VTS files (I have no idea why it does this, .99gb for one file, then 126meg for the second??) Plus, it this supposed to create an AUDIO_TS file as well?

TMPEG - It keeps giving me an error when I try to convert to Mpeg, and the unfinished results I get seem to be sans audio.

Is there any way to translate these? I don't understand why it's so difficult.

thanks for any help,

-Ax
axelrod
CD-RW Thug

Postby Justin42 on Tue May 24, 2005 2:27 pm

I am not familiar at all with what you're trying to do but here are some tidbits...

You don't need AUDIO_TS. Have you tried to just burn the VIDEO_TS folder it gives you on a DVD (RW)? Are you sure you're not thinking of VOB files, which I believe can only be 1gb max anyway (and as such are split)?

You probably import the VIDEO_TS folder to DVD Arch (but again, not familiar with that app)... look for an option about importing DVD video...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue May 24, 2005 2:43 pm

I have not found the one perfect tool yet. TMPEG and NeroVision express usually works fine for me, but sometimes they bomb out due to poor encoding, different codecs, etc. Last time I had to use WinAvi since it was the only one that would do it.

Anyway, one other one you didn't mention was Avi2DVD. Some people like it. I hate the interface, but it might work for you.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby axelrod on Tue May 24, 2005 3:44 pm

If you put files in the video_ts folder -- do you just put in everything generated by the program (say divx to dvd)? You can't import anything like that into Dvd Architect, if I use Nero -- how is it possible to create a menu with graphics, etc.?

Also - if I put files in the video_ts folder, how would I put two episodes in?

thanks!

-ax
axelrod
CD-RW Thug

Postby Ian on Tue May 24, 2005 3:53 pm

axelrod wrote:if I use Nero -- how is it possible to create a menu with graphics, etc.?

Use NeroVision Express. Just drop your episodes in, add a menu and let it do all the work.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby axelrod on Tue May 24, 2005 4:51 pm

hey,

thanks for the info. I just got nerovision and I'm attempting to burn a disc, hopefully it'll work -- so far so good.

thanks!!

-ax
axelrod
CD-RW Thug

Postby Halc on Wed May 25, 2005 9:44 am

You probably know these already, but for the benefit of others:

www.videohelp.com
and
www.doom9.net

forums are amongst the best places to find solutions to video encoding/transcoring/re-encoding/decoding/authoring/burning issues.
Halc
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers