Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Burning Rom freezes up...

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Burning Rom freezes up...

Postby fras on Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi, i am a newbie here and i'm having a bit of trouble...please help me out..

I am currently running windows XP with an AMD Athlon 2.20 GHz 512 MB of RAM....about 2 months ago, this computer was running nero just fine, and as proof, i backed up the chronicles of riddick and deuce bigalow using dvd shrink which uses nero....about a month or so ago, we got a virus and had to reformat the computer. i have just recently wanted to start backing up dvds. i have dvd shrink. i decided to get nero becuase you cant burn a dvd without it. i downloaded nero 6 from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Too ... om-6.shtml

It installs fine. i clicked demo version. i restarted the computer. when it comes back up, i click nero burning rom from the start menu...the main screen comes up with a loading title screen (with the nero info and flaming cd). in that window, this text pops up: "Scanning SCSI/IDE bus, please wait..."

so i wait, and i wait...i click in the program window, and it has froze. I try to quit out of the program by hitting ctrl-alt-delete and into the processes tab, but it wont shut off. the only way i get it to shut off is by hard booting the cpu.

if anyone has a clue to why nero burning rom is freezing up before loading anything, please let me know what i can do to fix it.

you can reply here, or send me an IM in AIM...i think i will be here pretty much all night. my screen name is fras915.

thank you for your assistance.
fras
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:00 pm

I suspect you may have an ASPI layer issue, or driver conflicts or cable issues.

I assume you are able to read a data CD or DVD from your Recorder without problems?

Could you download the Nero Info Tool and see what it reports about your ASPI layer and system in General? Use the below link.

http://www.nero.com/eng/Info_Tool.html

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby fras on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:46 pm

i got the info tool, but it does the exact same thing as burning rom does....it pops up, and it immediately freezes up...it doesnt allow me to do anything either, i cant open internet explorer, or open any program at all...
fras
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:03 pm

Are you able to read any discs that are inserted into the drive?

How is the drive connected to your system? You may have a configuraion problem. Either cables, Jumper settings, or driver issues with your Controller card.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby fras on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:54 pm

i went over all of the connections at least 3 times last night...pulled the computer apart and did that....then it still didnt work..(i am able to read any disk) so then, i reformat the thing, thinking that it would solve the problem....it didnt....

i have a question....

does nero work with windows service pack 2? because i dont have that, and im currently installing service pack 1....that might be the issue but im not sure.
fras
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:26 pm

yes, Nero works fine with Windows XP Service Pack 2.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby fras on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:40 pm

:D i have got it!

thank you for your help...i have got sp2 and nero now works!!! :lol: 8)
fras
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)