Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Suggestions for best deal on DL meadia in Canada?

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Suggestions for best deal on DL meadia in Canada?

Postby aristottle on Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:32 pm

Hi guys I have been searching around for a deal on Dual Layer media in Canada.....and am not having much luck? Any suggestions?
aristottle
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:58 pm

where are you located?

And are you looking for Ritek? or Verbatim? (or you can try the "Made in China" Dynex brand DVD+RDL media from Futureshop for $99 CAD per 15pcs :P)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aristottle on Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:03 pm

I am in Atlantic Canada....Prince Edward Island to be exact...we have Future shop and Staples....and I get to Halifax NS and Moncton NB on a regular basis. Both cities have Costcos.........actually I am in a hotel in Moncton as I write this.....I am looking for value priced media to burn 3 hour football games and perhaps movies.
aristottle
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:10 pm

Well, I would recommend going with Verbatim if you want it to work. Ritek's will work with some drives.

Probably www.blankmedia.ca is one of the best ways to go. If you want to buy in volume (say more then 15pcs) give me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Still, for the good stuff, you're looking at $19-$21 per 3pk at best.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aristottle on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:53 am

Thanks dolphinius_rex for the reply....but paying between $6 and $7 a piece for blank media still seems a bit rich for me.

I know the price will come down.......but when you can purchase 50 packs of single layer media at such great prices....the Dual Layer technology still seems to be "bleeding Edge".
aristottle
CD-RW Player

Postby RJW on Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:10 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:where are you located?

And are you looking for Ritek? or Verbatim? (or you can try the "Made in China" Dynex brand DVD+RDL media from Futureshop for $99 CAD per 15pcs :P)

What's the code ???
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:56 am

RJW wrote:

What's the code ???

I'm not spending $99+14% sales tax to find out.... I'm dedicated, maybe even obsessed with blank media.... but not THAT obsessed :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby frank1 on Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:39 pm

RJW wrote:

And are you looking for Ritek? or Verbatim? (or you can try "Made in China" Dynex brand DVD+RDL media from Futureshop for $99 CAD per 15pcs :P)

What's the code ???

According to this link which I got through: " videohelp + display all 8,5GB discs "
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?d ... List+Media

the brand Dynex might have both "MKM-001" or "Ritek-D01" codes
maybe for the same price ?
depending on where and when you buy them ?

Anyway I will stick to Verbatim branded DVD+R DL
- because they are the only ones with which I had never any "freeze and chapter-skip" of the picture in a movie at the layer break position -

and I will wait for the new "MKM-003" code which are Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x certified
They look very promising in the recording performance on both layers:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=113751
and I hope for a slight drop in the price ...
frank1
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers