Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Advanced Media Launches RIDATA 4X Dual-Layer DVD-R Discs

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Advanced Media Launches RIDATA 4X Dual-Layer DVD-R Discs

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:44 pm

Advanced Media Launches RIDATA 4X Dual-Layer DVD-R Discs at Retail Vision

Offering 8.5-GB Storage Capacity, Consistently Fast, High-Quality Recording and Wide Compatibility on a Single Sided Disc

RetailVision Booth#: 203 -- September 6, 2005 -- Advanced Media, Inc., is the manufacturer and marketer of the popular RIDATA brand of recordable CD and DVD media, electronic storage products and accessories. The company has broadened its dual-layer DVD-R offering with the RIDATA 4X DVD-R DL and will be featuring the fast, new discs at the upcoming RetailVision September 6-9, 2005 in Phoenix, AZ.

"Our dual-layer 4X DVD-R disc provides users with the convenience of both the largest-storage capacity currently available on one DVD disc and fast recording speeds," stated Harvey Liu, President of Advanced Media (RITEK USA). "It has unlimited business and personal applications. The discs allow users to quickly read, write, or store nearly twice the amount of data than they can with single-layer 4.7-GB discs without having to turn or change discs."

The speed offered by the faster 4X- recording rate will quickly record favorite audio, video or data files to the amazing 8.5GB of storage capacity the dual-layer disc offers. The dual-layer disc has enough storage space for up to four hours of DVD-quality video, 16 hours of VHS-quality video, or over 120 hours of MP3 audio.

New technology breakthroughs allow material to be either read or recorded on one layer without affecting the other layer. When data is being recorded or read, it does so continuously from the first layer to the second without interruption. It records at speeds of 1 ~ 4X and uses a high quality, dependable organic-dye recording material.

The new RIDATA dual-layer discs feature good compatibility with popular DVD based video players, game consoles and DVD-ROM drives as well as DVD-R DL drives. The RIDATA 4X DVD-R DL disc is competitively street priced and available at leading computer and office-supply locations across the country as well as through popular online retail sites.

About Advanced Media (RITEK USA)
Advanced Media, Inc. is a subsidiary of RITEK Corporation, the world's largest optical media manufacturer. Advanced Media is the sole North and South American marketer and distributor of the RIDATA brand of recordable CD and DVD media as well as other types of electronic storage media.

The RIDATA brand currently includes: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DL DVD-R/+R, DVD+R/RW, and DVD-RAM optical discs; flash memory cards, card adapters, and card reader/writers; USB drives; and assorted media accessories. Since its formation in 2001, Advanced Media has experienced phenomenal annual growth and is already a leading marketer of electronic storage products in the American market.

RITEK for years has been defining and redefining the optical storage market. Around the world, its name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and unparalleled consistency. Its QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 9002, and Six Sigma certifications prove RITEK's commitment to quality control.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:45 pm

I wonder how these compare to Verbatim's 4x DVD-R DL discs.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:02 pm

Ian wrote:I wonder how these compare to Verbatim's 4x DVD-R DL discs.

Well.... if we go by their DVD+RDL media then there is likely to be no comparison. But Ritek is also known for being able to rally and pull out of making junk when they put their mind to it, so we'll just have to wait for the testing I suppose :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby RJW on Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:57 pm

Some results are up at cdrinfo boards tested with plextools.

Point is this media isn't very well supported with the current to the public available firmwares.
So let's hope that one is fixed befor the media enters most stores.
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:59 pm

RJW wrote:Some results are up at cdrinfo boards tested with plextools.

Point is this media isn't very well supported with the current to the public available firmwares.

Then only drive I'd be burning it on right now is the DW1640 :wink: If THAT doesn't support it, then no drive will!!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Dolph, ask our usual source for some samples. :D
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby RJW on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:55 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:

Then only drive I'd be burning it on right now is the DW1640 :wink: If THAT doesn't support it, then no drive will!!

Seems like some moderator doesn't read the part he is supposed to moderate. :o
No they only had succes with a Pioneer drive so far. :lol:
RJW
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:06 pm

RJW wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:

Seems like some moderator doesn't read the part he is supposed to moderate. :o
No they only had succes with a Pioneer drive so far. :lol:

That LITERALLY would have been the last drive I would have guessed. Although I suppose it makes sense with Pioneer's DVD-R agenda.

Ian: I had sent the e-mail not 2 minutes after the announcement was made to us (not even posted online!) :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:30 pm

Pioneer? I never woulda guessed.

I wonder if they're using some generic writing strategy.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby RJW on Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:02 am

That would mean Plextor generic writing strategy for dual layer -R needs quite some tweaks. :D
RJW
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers