Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7 KILLED Sonic MyDVD 6

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7 KILLED Sonic MyDVD 6

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:58 am

Went to make a DVD movie after capturing with ATI Multimedia Center 9.08. Imported the movie to Sonic MY DVD 6, like always...and after starting the burn...the program aborts the burn...did it at least four times. So I wiped the drive and restored from a backup where I was still running Nero 6.6.0.16 and lo and behold...it burns again. If I reinstall Nero 7...My DVD Fails again. If I remove Nero...My DVD Burns again
Back to 6.6.0.16

?????

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:58 am

Well...I did a module by module thing and I think I found the culprit. InCD 5! I reinstalled Nero 7...and then selectively removed parts until I could get MyDVD 6 to complete the burn. Removed NeroVision...nothing...When I removed InCD...MyDVD 6 was able to complete two burns...no issues...nothing. Guess I'll have to alert Nero about this...perhaps there is something in the new InCD that tries to control everything with the drives.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby ruderacer on Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:44 pm

It seems that no matter which version of Nero one has InCd always seems to screw up other programs. I experienced the same with Nero Ultra. That is why I just don't bother installing it. Don't know why this continues even with the new version.
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:54 pm

Yep, InCD pretty much causes problems with a ton of other apps. I don't know why Nero even continues to bundle it, since it seems to cause a TON of application problems.

They really need to rewrite it from the ground up. It IS doable to create a fairly stable UDF driver; Roxio's Drag2Disc is actually quite good.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:55 pm

Funny thing...you would figure that they had it in decent shape with InCD 4X...I never had this kind of problem before...until InCD 5...oh well...guess I'll be doing mostly multisession

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:17 pm

you forget...they had exactly the same problems when Nero 6 came out with InCD 4.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Newest version 5.0.0.4 bundled with 7.0.1.2 has the same problem. E mailed Nero about it again...got the canned reply..."We'll get back to you asap"
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)