Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Showtime won't play DivX files

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Showtime won't play DivX files

Postby lgmayka on Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Here's a sample file that Nero Showtime (of Nero 7 Ultra) won't play, even though many other players will do so, including Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, etc.:

http://www.fileh.com/lgmayka/Videos/1280x720.avi

Yes, I know that the file is not well done, but that's simply because it's a small sample. Rest assured that my larger videos are high-quality, and there is no good reason for Showtime not to play them.
lgmayka
CD-RW Thug

Postby CCampbell on Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Igmayka,

Nero has supported DivX 4, and DivX 5 for quite some time, as well as Xvid files, so there should not be a problem.

I downloaded the file, but Windows Media Player would not play this file.

And Nero Showtime would not play it either if I just click on play, but if I use the mouse to jump forward in the video, say the middle, it then begins to play and you can here the audio from Bart Simpson and Marge, but no video plays. This file does show that its an MP3 audio stream. But something is causing it not to play at the begining, and not video at all is being displayed. Ran into the same issue with PowerDVD 6.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby lgmayka on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:01 am

My Windows Media Player is using the DivX Decoder Filter to play the clip's video. I wonder whether that filter was installed by the DivX Player, which (being free) I did install at one point, probably from divx.com or some such. Many programs apparently look for codecs the same way that Windows Media Player does.

I think RealPlayer has its own independent set of codecs, and it plays the clip.

Ulead VideoStudio 9 says that the clip's video requires the DivX 6.0 Codec.
lgmayka
CD-RW Thug

Postby CCampbell on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:12 pm

That is more than likely the case, as DivX 6 is a completely different animal than pervious versions of DivX. I have DivX 5 installed on my system, but thats not able to play it either of course. :(

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)