Home News Reviews Forums Shop

School Principal Bans Halloween

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

School Principal Bans Halloween

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:02 pm

wtf is wrong with this country? A few religeous nuts complain and the principal cancels Halloween.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1263 ... SFeeds0312

I'm getting sick of these people complaining about everything. I mean, their kids aren't forced to celebrate Halloween. Let them go sit in the library and read their bibles while the rest of the kids have fun.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Spazmogen on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:11 pm

I can't wait and see what they do for Christmas!

Reminds me of a South Park episode where Christmas was made to be politically correct. With Philip Glass doing the music...
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:46 pm

Spazmogen wrote:Reminds me of a South Park episode where Christmas was made to be politically correct. With Philip Glass doing the music...

lol.. one of my favorite South Park episodes. Happy happy happy...
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Justin42 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm

This story is just insane-- I heard about it earlier in the weekend and couldn't believe it. It's like-- you must never offend ANYONE. but that's totally impossible... you won't always like what other people do, but that's always the case.

It's one thing to FORCE someone to participate in something -- but when entire schools ban Halloween cause it offends 3 people, OR ban a "moment of silence" (with no inherent specific religious), it is absolutely insane.

Political correctness gone entirely amuk. They should just tell these families to keep their kids home if they're so pissed, or send them to the library. Whatever...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:00 pm

It's a lot like you can't say Merry Christmas on TV because it offends non-christians. It's all Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings, because it's Politically Correct.

STUPID!!!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby smartin4 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:38 pm

That is totally ridiculous!! Once again, forget the majority to please the minority (kind of like the FCC & the religous right).

My son is in kindergarten. They had a Halloween party this past Friday. There was one kid in the class who's parents don't "celebrate" Halloween. So guess what, they kept the kid home, they did not whine & complain to the school that this was evil & offensive to their religious beliefs. They actually thought about not ruining it for the other kids. That was very refreshing in this time of being overly politically incorrect.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:14 am

There are screwballs all over. Some church groups here in Germany wanted to ban Harry Potter because of the "pagan rites", including Hallowe'en celebrations. The only reason I can think of for keeping Hallowe'en down is that it sometimes turns nasty in certain circles.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Return to The Beer Garden