Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Saw II

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Saw II

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:13 am

Anyone seen Saw II yet? I just finished watching it "Hoxlund Style" and I have to say I'm a little sad I didn't go see it in the theatres. It's a good movie! I won't spoil anything, but the twists in the end should not disappoint people who enjoyed the first movie.

And yes, you really should watch the first movie before seeing the sequal, there's a lot of back story that comes into it.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby socheat on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:52 am

Haven't seen it yet, but I was hesitating. The previews made it look like it was a completely different style/genre. The first one, while I was expecting it to be a jump-out-of-your-seat- horror movie, was more a psychological thriller. The previews for Saw II led me to believe it'd be more blood-and-guts/hack-em-up horror movie.

Without giving anything away, since I will still probably see it regardless of what you say, are my assumptions correct Dolph?
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:54 pm

Socheat wrote:Haven't seen it yet, but I was hesitating. The previews made it look like it was a completely different style/genre. The first one, while I was expecting it to be a jump-out-of-your-seat- horror movie, was more a psychological thriller. The previews for Saw II led me to believe it'd be more blood-and-guts/hack-em-up horror movie.

Without giving anything away, since I will still probably see it regardless of what you say, are my assumptions correct Dolph?

Well, if you know the end of Saw 1, then think something along those lines but with more people (and good twists). There is blood, but not a lot of gore really. People die, as you would expect in such a movie. I would NOT call it a blood-and-guts/hack-em-up horror movie though. But I'd say it's also less on the psychological side then the original as well.

It's kinda hard to explain without giving things away :P
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby socheat on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:57 pm

fair enough. guess i'll go see it soon then. :D
socheat
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden