Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Home plays wrong video files and Nerovision locks up!

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Home plays wrong video files and Nerovision locks up!

Postby cageymaru on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:03 pm

Nero Home labels the videos on my computer incorrectly when NeroScout scans the computer for files. It will list a bunch of files as they appear on my computer, but will play the same file over and over again. I clicked Cinderella and got Pam and Tommy Lee. Really funny at the time until I discovered all videos were Pam and Tommy Lee. Now it's annoying!

On the second topic in my title, I tried to open some vob files in NeroVision so that I could add some video to the dvd. Well it correctly imported the vobs by making an avi file from the vobs, but when I was editing the new menu, it locked up. No problem I tried it again. This time it locked up at the burn menu as I was trying to select the HD folder to burn it to. Slightly irritated I tried again. This time I got it to start encoding the dvd, but it locked again. I have a gig of ram and a AMD 64 3200+. Is that enough power to get Nero 7 to recode a couple of vobs? Nero burning rom thinks the original dvd is ok to burn as is, but I really wanted to add some more video to it.

Lastly, I have a problem that whenever I go from menu to menu in nerovision, and the program scans every video file that I have ever recoded into a dvd. And it scans every piece of background music that I ever chose for a dvd. Then sometimes if I decide to pick a different picture for my background picture, it locks up. Same goes for music. So I have to start over again. It's like playing a videogame where you have to save evertime that you complete a task, because you might die (in this case rechoose chapters, edit video, etc). Anyway if I make it through the gauntlet, I can recode the movie without any problems. So it isn't me using bad video files.

Really I was just hoping that maybe a Nero engineer might read this and fix the bugs. I know that it's new so I'm not mad! Also why Nero 6 is still on my main machine.... [-X
cageymaru
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:50 pm

HI Cageymaru,

Do you have the latest Nero 7.0.1.2?

I'm not able to run into the issue you reported about Nero Scout.

And I used VOB files to import to Nero Vision and I had no trouble editing the source files.

As for the Menu to Menu issue, I'll have to do some testing to see if I can duplicate this issue or not.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby cageymaru on Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:01 am

Yep, I'm using 7.0.12! I fixed the menu scanning video problem by moving the video from my Grabit download folder to My Documents/My Video. It seems that having my video files in multiple spots confuses NeroVision. I gave up on Nero Home as it takes a loooong time to start up, and if I try to skip to another song it freezes for like 15 secs while still playing the song, so I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall using it. It's pure slow motion! I tried moving all my music into My Documents/My Music to rectify it but that didn't help. Maybe it's the size of the folder (over 6.26 Gbs/ 1293 songs)? I used recode tonight to grab the video from the dvd into a nero digital mp4 at max detail. That was alright until nerovision tried to deal with it. It was like I was running out of memory. It was a 39 min- 1.6 Gb file though and I only have 1 Gb of system ram. Basically it locked up again, I got ticked, and I deleted the dvd file. No point in having a 39 min dvd! Maybe the Nero guys could speed up on that clean tool research. This program won't completely uninstall so that I can see if a reinstallation is a cure.

If it makes a difference I'm using the K-Lite Codec Pack 2.63f. But I installed that to try to fix problems that I was having with Nero; not because the video wouldn't play. I ran GSpot and it said that I was missing some codecs (though Nero didn't have any problems playing or rendering them before) so I tried the codec pack. Between the codec pack and moving the video files, I don't know what really fixed the menu problem...

If my system specs will help, I have a HP ZV6000 notebook computer. I included my DXDiag if that helps.

Thanks,
Cageymaru
cageymaru
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)