Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6/7 won't burn my 1.4GB DVD-R anymore :(

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6/7 won't burn my 1.4GB DVD-R anymore :(

Postby oRBIT2002 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:54 am

It gives an error when trying to burn my isos. It seems to fail with the leadin, nothing seems to get written to the disc. I've tried burning the iso that failed on a different computer with the same version of nero7 and it worked so obviously there's something wierd with my computer.
I've tried burning on two different brands of media (Verbatim/MDA) and both fails on my two dvd-recorders (plextor 740 and BTC)
But I've been able to burn 1.4Gig DVD-r earlier and it worked perfectly.
Hints anyone? Or do I have to reinstall my computer? :(
oRBIT2002
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:55 pm

Did you try the same recorders and media on the system that it worked on? Just to try and isolate if the issue is the system or the recorders, or media?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby oRBIT2002 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:23 pm

I don't have the possibility to try the same recorders in another computer. However I've tried the same media and it worked. I'm pretty sure something's wierd with my Windows configuration somwhere... But it feels pretty strange...
oRBIT2002
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:47 pm

Unfortuneately 'Pretty sure' is not 100% sure. And if you can not rule out the Recorders as being the cause, you could spend weeks or months trying to debug your system. It would be quicker to first rule out the Drives by testing on another system, or bringing another drive to your system to test. If at all possible.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)