Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7 CleanTool is useless

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7 CleanTool is useless

Postby edelbeb on Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:31 pm

I tried running the Nero 7 cleantool (version dated 11/18/05) on an installation of Nero 7.0, retail box version (WinXP, SP2) and I received the following message

"The Nero Generial CleanTool has detected some Nero applications which are not supporte by this version.

In order to avoid damaging your system the application will be closed now"
edelbeb
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:56 pm

I'm not able to duplicate this issue. Do you have remanents from Nero 6 on your system?

The Nero Clean tool worked with the first shipped Retail version of Nero 7.0 and the latest Nero 7.0.1.2

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby edelbeb on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:26 am

I shouldn't have any remnants. I uninstalled Nero 6 using the General Clean Tool before installing Nero 7. After running into this problem, I did a manual uninstall of Nero 7, then ran the General Clean Tool for Nero 6. Then I reran the Tool for Nero 7. Same problem.

Nevertheless, tt's still possible that remnants of Nero 6 might be on my system. I had installed different components of Nero 6 on different partitions. Nero 6's General Clean Tool does not do particularly well under those circumstances. However, I manually deleted the Nero and Ahead folder on all drives before the first time I ever installed Nero 7. If I have any parts of Nero 6 on my system, how do I get rid of them? Then Clean Tools aren't helping.
edelbeb
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:44 pm

The process you used should have done the trick.

I've done many tests with Nero 6 and Nero 7, and they do not normally cause this problems. I've done the following. (In all tests, I used Nero 7.0.0, and Nero 7.0.1.2, and only tested Windows XP)

1) Installed Nero 6. Then installed Nero 7 over Nero 6, and was promted to uninstall Nero 6, which our Nero 7 installer did for me, and then installed Nero 7. (No problems in performance occured) I then uninstalled Nero 7 using the Nero 7 Clean Tool.

2) Installed Nero 6. Used the Nero 6 Clean Tool to uninstall. Then installed Nero 7. (No problems in performance occured) I then uninstalled Nero 7 using the Nero 7 Clean Tool.

3) Installed Nero 6. Then uninstalled Nero 6 from the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs Feature. Then installed Nero 7. (No problems in performance occured) I then uninstalled Nero 7 using the Nero 7 Clean Tool.

4) Installed Nero 6. Manually uninstalled Nero 6 by simply deleting folders on C: drive. Then edited Registry to remove Ahead folders from HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then installed Nero 7. (No problems in performance occured) I then uninstalled Nero 7 using the Nero 7 Clean Tool.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby edelbeb on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 am

I think the problem is because my original installation of Nero 6 was on several partions. Parts were installed to c:, parts were installed to d: and parts were installed to e:. I don't think the general cleantools do well with that situation. I manually removed Nero 6 folders and files, and then removed registry references to the deleted folders as best I could, before installing Nero 7, but some remnant of Nero 6 might remain in the registry or on one of my drives. Whatever the remnant is, it's not in an Ahead or Nero folder.

Another possibility is the Studio 9 program I have installed is interfering with the Nero 6 and/or Nero 7 CleanTools operation, and perhaps with the Nero 7 patch process.
edelbeb
Buffer Underrun

Postby lrtrees on Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:42 pm

Could you please tell me where this removal tool is located. I looked on the NERO website, but I am missing it.

Thanks
lrtrees
Buffer Underrun

Postby bigblu91 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:12 pm

lrtrees wrote:Could you please tell me where this removal tool is located. I looked on the NERO website, but I am missing it.

Thanks

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_Clean_Tool.html

If you're wanting to have a direct link to all Nero 7 related items, start here. http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/index.html

Once there use the links on the page for Support/Tech Support options.

Nero has different site locations for each release. It got me confused for a while.
bigblu91
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)