Home News Reviews Forums Shop

cd-dvd speed

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

cd-dvd speed

Postby squirreld on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 pm

sorry if the ? is newbish. I have searched on here and I could not find the ans. I was looking for.

I got a optorite DD0405 DVD burner and a CW5205 cdr burner.

I am trying to see how good the drives burn the TY DVD-R and CDR discs I just bought.

I cant seem to get the c1 c2 jitter errors to show anything. so far I have just done about 3 cdrs in hopes to get somewhere.
I just fire up cd dvd speend and hit start under main benchmark tab.
It shows nothing on the dish quality grafs. I hit start there after a Hit start and it finishes (~10min) on the benchmarks tab, and it still shows nothing.

thanks
squirreld
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:03 pm

The CD Speed website used to have a list of supported drives (anyone got the link?). It's possible that neither drive can do write quality testing with CD Speed.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:06 pm

"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby squirreld on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:38 pm

crap, no optorite drives supported at all.
bummer.

Scan disk shows 100% green however there are skips on the stand alone dvd player. I dont get any skips on the PC at the points in the movies where they skip on the stand alone.
My wife and I just got married and I got a nice camcorder to get the vids and I just want the burt dvd's to be flawless before I delete/erase the miniDV tapes. bought all the camera gear, gadgets, big HD, DVD burner, and now I have to clear up these darn skips.

crap crap crap.
squirreld
Buffer Underrun

Postby Bhairav on Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:46 am

squirreld wrote:crap, no optorite drives supported at all.
bummer.

Scan disk shows 100% green however there are skips on the stand alone dvd player. I dont get any skips on the PC at the points in the movies where they skip on the stand alone.
My wife and I just got married and I got a nice camcorder to get the vids and I just want the burt dvd's to be flawless before I delete/erase the miniDV tapes. bought all the camera gear, gadgets, big HD, DVD burner, and now I have to clear up these darn skips.

crap crap crap.

WHy not spend 40-50$ more and get a decent Benq or LG burner? No offence, but Optorites aren't exactly the best.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby squirreld on Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:48 pm

you read my mind.
squirreld
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)